Setted "-1" on session timeout for the webgui

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ansem

Setted "-1" on session timeout for the webgui

Post by Ansem »

Hi guys,
I made a huge mistake: thinking that setting -1 on the webgui it will last forever, I tried it.
Of course I was wrong, so now the session will close istantly and I can't change it from the webgui anymore T_T
Can soneone help me? how can I change it directly from the config file? :(
mhertz

Re: Setted "-1" on session timeout for the webgui

Post by mhertz »

'~/.config/deluge/web.conf' > 'session_timeout'.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed you're on windows, so I believe '%appdata%/deluge/web.conf'. (%appdata% is, I believe, 'C:\<user>\appdata\roaming', but explorer.exe probably supports simply %appdata% too, or else 'Win+R > %appdata%')
Ansem

Post by Ansem »

I'm with linux, don't worry!
How can I set so that the session won't expire? Or that I don't need to insert the password?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hmm, I normally only use deluge-console where neither of these issues persists, but after installing the webui package and testing it + searching, then i'm affraid you're out off luck with deluge doing what you require unfortunately. The password is mandatory and the timeout can only be set to max value off 99999, without supporting disablement like with -1 or 0.

You either need to live with this, or change the JS code yourself, or use an alternative client supporting that(e.g. qbittorrent-nox).

Edit: Found this, which details patching two files for disabling password-usage: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=51155
snpaul22
New User
New User

Post by snpaul22 »

Well I just did this same thing before I knew that this was a thing.

Would be really nice if at some point in the last 6 years since this happened if they could have updated it to have a minimum acceptable value.

Anyway, I'm running a headless Debian 11 setup. The patch above doesn't work as the code from that version is different from the newer version I'm currently running. Anyone know a config file, python file, etc that I can edit to get my webui back?

Edit: Solved my own problem.

Code: Select all

systemctl stop deluge-web

nano /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/web.conf

systemctl start deluge-web
Edit value in Line 17 for session value