Deluge setup help

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ForKicks
New User
New User

Deluge setup help

Post by ForKicks »

Hi!

In the next few days I would like to try and set up an automated system for fetching torrent files from RSS, downloading with Deluge, script or third party program for unpacking and library sorting.

The intention is that the setup should run on Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 LTS.

I have installed latets stable version of Deluge, and so I need some help with geting things to work.

Questions:

1. I have YaRSS2 to handle RSS feeds. Im geting the feeds to show, and list torrents, but it wont download the files. For one of the sights, there was a cookie issue, but I think I resovled it, but still dosent download it, and its just saying "Could not download file" in the message log.

2. Also, I'm haveing issues with the built in Webui. When I enable it, it just says its not installed, and dose not want to work. Am I overlooking something?

3. As I said, I want this system to work well with PLEX media server. Anyone have a good script or third party program wich can handle unpacking and sorting?

4. Am I missing something? Suggestions?
ForKicks
New User
New User

Re: Deluge setup help

Post by ForKicks »

Follow up: Seems like the issue with the YaRSS2 is only with one feed, so it seems to work fine.

Buuut, are there any ways of YaRSS2 acctually checking more then one feed for a torrent? I would like it to search all feeds, and fetch the one with the earliest release. Kind of blows if I have to make a filter for each feed, and that would run the risk of more then one torrent of the same release?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

You can have many RSS feeds configured in YaRSS2. But I don't see any way that it can conditionally download the way you want it to.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

If you wan't more control consider looking into flexget instead. Also, about plex, there's a plugin for that to. For the error you get, check if you have the webui package installed(I don't know the name of it on your distro). Lastly, check through the execute plugin's scripts posted by various members here for added inspiration.

Edit: There's also an execute script by rednoah using filebot, to extract/sort/group/move/download-subs and plex-interaction etc: https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopi ... =215#p3382

I remember there's also a variation of this script posted in the execute plugin's script thread too...
PaulBags

Post by PaulBags »

Same issue with WebUI on the same OS, looking everywhere for a fix and I'd love to just install the .egg but it's not available anywhere because it's supposed to be included and I can't pull it from a windows install because windows uses a difference python version.

Can't report to bug tracker because it basically requires human sacrifice to post.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

As for eggs and different python versions, I have found that merely renaming the egg to reflect whatever python version yo do have works in many cases. Try it, you have nothing to lose.