Web-UI Log in - NOOB

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Fartman
New User
New User

Web-UI Log in - NOOB

Post by Fartman »

Hey!

First off, awesome piece of software! I thought I'd have a hard time transitioning from uTorrent; however, it went rather well.

The only thing that I'm having a hard time with is getting the WebUI to allow me to log in now that I have the Mac software installed. Since I put it on yesterday evening, it won't allow me to log onto the web. It simply continuously gives me the password box.

I've searched google as much as I can and I haven't come to anything that works yet.

I'm also very new at coding and my best bet is to copy and past, so please guide me in the right direction!

Cheers!!
thepace

Re: Web-UI Log in - NOOB

Post by thepace »

default password is deluge
Fartman
New User
New User

Post by Fartman »

I've already changed it and when I enter "deluge" it says that it's the incorrect password!

I also just noticed that I forgot to mention that it's on a raspberry pi; however, when I log in via the pi, there's no issues with the WebUI.

I have ports forwarded and it seems to work fine!

I just want to be able to access it via my iPhone while I'm in between wifi connections.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

when I log in via the pi, there's no issues with the WebUI.
That doesn't make any sense. You can only access the webui using a browser.

As per the FAQ you can reset the webui password. http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... hepassword

You are aware that the password for thinclient and daemon (which also needs a username) is not the same as the webui password.

If you need to explain exactly what you are doing and what the problem is, at the moment is it too vague so provide more information to help us help you...
Fartman
New User
New User

Post by Fartman »

Thanks for the reply!

When I remote into my Raspberry Pi via Remote Desktop (Running Rasbian), I launch my web browser on my pi and I navigate to http://localhost:8112 and I can enter my password. The first time, it was deluge and the system, as written in the description, informed me that I should change it immediately, so I did.

Once that was tested, I launched safari, i navigated to http://localhost:8112 and I was able to log in via the same password.

Now, I decided that I wanted to try to download the desktop client, so I downloaded the deluge client for MAC and installed it successfully and followed the steps on how to add my local host and such. I can now access both inside my network and outside.

Ever since I have installed that, I am unable to connect my iPhone browser, mac browser to the WEBUI in order to manage it remotely (on my phone or tablet). The password box just continuously pops up without an end.

I hope that this makes a little more sense, as it does in my head - lol
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

So you cannot connect to webui running on rpi after making changes on rpi to allow thin client access? Do you see a 'login failed' popup?

There should be no reason for the webui to be affected by setting up thinclient. You need to provide logs and are you using the webui plugin or standalone deluge-web?

Failing that, backup your config on rpi and startover to see if you can replicate the issue.
Fartman
New User
New User

Post by Fartman »

There isn't any issues on the pi's browser, it's on my mac and on my phone and tablet. When I launch the web-ui (Deluge-Web) that's when i get the issue. There isn't a error or anything like that unless I put in the wrong password.

As for the logs, I'll check the FAQ's to see how I can extract them & I'll paste them in.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Why and where are you launching deluge-web if it's already running on rpi??
Fartman
New User
New User

Post by Fartman »

What I'm trying to do is have a web interface available so that I can monitor my torrents when i'm not on my mac. So, I'm looking for something that I use while I'm on my phone (iPhone - Safari browser) or iPad.

I don't have the web running all the time on the rbpi. I open it to test it and ensure it's functioning. Maybe it's a function that I don't need to have on my phone, idk! Maybe once I have everything configured properly, I'll truly be worry free!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to do. The web server deluge-web (on the rpi...) should be left running all the time if you want to access it.