Deluge missing first announce

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ghosthree3
New User
New User

Deluge missing first announce

Post by Ghosthree3 »

I've run into an issue where sometimes autodl snatches torrents before the tracker registers them resulting in the torrent getting "unregistered torrent" and doing nothing for 30 minutes until the next update. I've tried increasing the delay in autodl and I've had to put it all the way up to 45 seconds, most of the time it works but 1/5 torrents still get the error. The problem is that some will still get it even at 60, which is already far too high for a swarm race. There's an existing thread on the issue where the person seemed to have resolved their problem but the solution I identified doesn't seem to work. It talked about setting tracker_backoff to change the ramp up time for tracker error retries but it seems to have no effect. No matter what it's set to it still waits 30 minutes to try announce.

Surely there's some way to fix this issue, I refuse to believe so many people using Deluge to race put up with this. Waiting 30 minutes almost always gives a slim chance of even getting to 1.0 ratio for short term seeding. If there's no way to force Deluge to keep retrying I'm thinking of making a script that runs every 29 minutes to delete any torrents that have the error because I'd rather them not start at all then start 30 minutes late.

It's worth noting that rTorrent seems not to have this issue, I was using it before Deluge but have found out it's not as good for racing. It may be slower but at least it seems to keep retrying the tracker when this issue arises.

Any solution?
thepace

Re: Deluge missing first announce

Post by thepace »

add custom delay to ur autodl program few secods usually do the job
Ghosthree3
New User
New User

Post by Ghosthree3 »

thepace wrote:add custom delay to ur autodl program few secods usually do the job
You should read my entire post.
thepace

Post by thepace »

than its big tracker issue if they allow u to download torrent that still isnt tracker registered, it shoudnt work like that.
Ghosthree3
New User
New User

Post by Ghosthree3 »

thepace wrote:than its big tracker issue if they allow u to download torrent that still isnt tracker registered, it shoudnt work like that.
Yeah obviously the tracker really should wait til it's good before announcing it but that isn't in my control.