New User
New User

[0.5.5.95] Problem with (?italian?) translation

Post by SwH »

here the output i get starting deluge from console:

Code: Select all

--CUT--
Initialising plugin BlocklistImport
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:64: GtkWarning: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 19: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text - not valid '<b>Velocità:</b>'
  domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:64: GtkWarning: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 24: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text - not valid '<b>Disponibilità:</b>'
  domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:64: GtkWarning: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 13: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text - not valid '<b>N° di file:</b>'
  domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:64: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:229: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  ("tray_menu.glade"), domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:525: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  "torrent_menu.glade"), domain='deluge')
Applying preferences
--CUT--
and here an exemple of what i see.
i use iso-8895-15 as default locale on my system, i try to edit the .po file and overwrite the .mo one, but i only obtain that it shows me the correct character (like à and °) in the output messages instead of strange ones, i'm pretty sure that the problem is in the deluge.po/mo file because if i use the previus one (from version 0.5.5) it works well (it lacks some new translation, not really a problem though), i'm not in this kind of things so i can't think where the problem is and how to fix it, that why i post here :oops:
someone with the same problem in other lang?
thanks
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [0.5.5.95] Problem with (?italian?) translation

Post by markybob »

if you're having problems with the current translation, please fix it :p both the developers are english speakers, so we really cant do much about other languages. launchpad makes it very easy for users to help translate, though. if you're willing to, here's the link for that https://translations.launchpad.net/delu ... ots/deluge we sync with the launchpad translations on every release. thanks.
also, i think this might have to do with you not using UTF-8. can you switch to that to test?
SwH
New User
New User

Post by SwH »

the translation itself is good, the problem seems to be related to the charset don't know what happen from version 0.5.5 that hasn't this problem.
anyway tomorrow i will check your link and do some other test also with UTF-8 locales, with peace of aterm (that does not support it, and that why i use iso :roll:), now it's bedtime for me ;)
SwH
New User
New User

Post by SwH »

here the updates
i try to change my locales to UTF-8 and now it works well, i get this warning at the startup

Code: Select all

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:925: PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
  self.window.show()
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:925: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  self.window.show()
Loading TorrentPeers plugin...
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py:960: PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
  gtk.main()
but it seems they do not have any visible consequences on the program

i'm sorry but i'm not be able to find out what change between 0.5.5 and 0.5.5.95 for the simple reason that i don't know nothing about GTK and python code :?
anyway now i'm quite happy with the UTF-8 locales and a brend new installation of rxvt-unicode 8-)