blocklist plugin blocks trackers

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

I've started getting errors for all torrents - both seeded and new for one particular tracker. Other trackers work fine with deluge, this tracker works fine with a different torrent client (ktorrent) on the same machine - looks like some tracker-client incompatibility but I see no reason why it should manifest itself at this particular moment: I haven't upgraded deluge or changed anything network-related for quite some time, tracker admin is currently away so no one changed the tracker too, but this also means that at the moment no one can diagnose the problem on the other side. All I can see here is that torrent announces fail with tracker_error_alert (-1) (2) - what does it mean?

linux, 1.3.11 and libtorrent 0.16.17 from the ppa.
Last edited by lvm on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shryp

Re: what is tracker_error_alert (-1) (2)?

Post by Shryp »

Ignore this post. It no longer applies.
Last edited by Shryp on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

Turned out, this tracker got blacklisted in the bluetack level1 list I get at iblocklist.com and so the blocklist plugin blocked it. Now torrent trackers usually do get hosted at dodgy ISPs, maybe blocklist plugin should be blocking only peers, not trackers? Or make tracker blocking optional? Or have an exclusion list? Something has to be done here.

BTW where do you get preferably free blocklists?

PS I've changed the thread subject to reflect the actual problem
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Re: blocklist plugin blocks trackers

Post by lvm »

And another issue with the blocklist plugin: I removed the offending line from the file, forced reload, forced tracker update but it changed nothing - tracker continued to get blocked, I had to restart the daemon to fix it. Apparently old data is cached somewhere and is not purged when blocklist file is reloaded or maybe old records are not deleted before the reload.