General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Seoulite
New User
New User

Torrent completed... no it isnt'!

Post by Seoulite »

Hi,

Deluge 0.5.5 / Ubuntu 7.04

Twice today something odd has happened. I've exited Deluge (once when my PC crashed, the second time via File | Quit) and, on restarting later have discovered that several torrents which had finished downloading earlier have gone back to 80-90% and downloaded the last few MB all over again.

I'm a bit of a n00b, but I assume it's got something to do with the contents of $HOME/.config/deluge/torrentfiles However, I have no idea what!

This is obviously pretty frustrating with torrents with few or unreliable seeders.

Any help would be much appreciated - is this a bug?

Thanks!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Torrent completed... no it isnt'!

Post by markybob »

yes. should be fixed in svn
Seoulite
New User
New User

Post by Seoulite »

markybob wrote:yes. should be fixed in svn
Thanks. Being a n00b who just had to Google 'svn', can I check that I understand you correctly? The bug has already been spotted and fixed in the development version, which is stored in the Subversion version control system. Thus this will be fixed in the next release. Is that right?

Thanks again.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Seoulite wrote:
Thanks. Being a n00b who just had to Google 'svn', can I check that I understand you correctly? The bug has already been spotted and fixed in the development version, which is stored in the Subversion version control system. Thus this will be fixed in the next release. Is that right?

Thanks again.
yep :) to try it out, uninstall your current version and follow these instructions to install deluge from svn http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/RunningSVNVersion
Seoulite
New User
New User

Post by Seoulite »

markybob wrote:
Seoulite wrote:

Thanks again.
yep :) to try it out, uninstall your current version and follow these instructions to install deluge from svn http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/RunningSVNVersion
I had a look, but it says not for the 'light of heart' and that's me! I'll wait for the next official update instead, unless the bug starts to hit me all the time.