Deluge crashes when importing blocklist on startup

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mrkip

Deluge crashes when importing blocklist on startup

Post by mrkip »

hi.
Ive just tried installing Deluge on the new Gutsy 7.10 RC of Kubuntu. Now the install went fine and all was working until i came to restart it later on.
I had set Deluge to download import the bluetack blocklist on startup and this is what seems to be causing the problem. Upon restarting deluge the program tries to download the blocklist, it then freezes and just shuts it self down. Im unable to click cancel or any anything else when it freezes so i cant stop deluge from trying download the blocklist.
Ive tried re-installing deluge but this dosnt seems to do anything. After re-installing i load deluge and im faced with the exact same problem again. After re-installing i load deluge up and it uses all my settings from the orginal install and therefore tries to download the blocklist again which means it crashes again. :(

Is there any way i can sort this out?
If not how can i completely remove deluge from my system (so upon re-install it wont find any of the orginal settings from my first install)?

Apart from that its a really nice client and it was a joy to use when it was working ;)
mrkip

Re: Deluge crashes when importing blocklist on startup

Post by mrkip »

Ive successfully managed to re-installing it now. I managed to find the files containing my previous settings and manually deleted them which worked. After re-installing i had to go through all the wizard again so everythings okay now :D

So i think that this post is now more of a bug report.
hypermute

Post by hypermute »

Good to hear, that it works. You could also try moblock, a peerguardian alternative for linux.
pelle.k wrote:MoBlock and Peerguardian are both applications that enable you to block internet traffic based on large lists of ip address ranges in order to protect your privacy.
moblock on ubuntuforums (guide and downloads)
cb474

Post by cb474 »

This problem has also been discussed in the following post:

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... lit=#p2408