unstable connections, slow upload

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mistlur1

unstable connections, slow upload

Post by mistlur1 »

Hi

I'm having a problem primarily with upload speed and that peers seem to connect just to immediately disconnect, so there's barely any upload going on.
I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 amd64, Deluge version 0.5.4.1 and I'm sitting on a 8MB line down, 1MB up, no router, just default Ubuntu iptables. I'm using random port.
I didn't have this problem with utorrent under wine.

I've been playing around with different parameters for network, but nothing seems to work. NAT and encryption is enabled, as well as compact allocation.

Now, when logging events I get a lot of these:

Code: Select all

Peer message {event message: connecting to peer, ip address: 68.224.XXX.XXX, client: Unknown}
Peer message {event message: End of file., ip address: 68.224.XXX.XXX, client: uTorrent 1.7.4.0}
Could this have anything to do with my problem?

I really like deluge so I hope there is a solution.

/mistlur
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: unstable connections, slow upload

Post by markybob »

you need to upgrade. 0.5.4.1 is pretty old. also, svn has more upnp bug fixes, so you might wanna get svn.
mistlur1

Re: unstable connections, slow upload

Post by mistlur1 »

Thank you markybob, upadating to 0.5.5 seems to have improved connection to peers, they now don't disconnect immediately.

I still have very slow upload speed though, and these

Code: Select all

Peer message {event message: End of file., ip address: 72.201.XXX.XX, client: uTorrent 1.7.5.0}
show up a lot in event log. But I don't know what it means so maybe it's all good? Maybe I'll give the svn a try when I've got more time.

Anyway, thanks for the swift reply!

/mistlur