Tracker proxy error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ratlink

Tracker proxy error

Post by ratlink »

When using Deluge through socks5 proxy(BTGaurd), I can't access trackers. If I disable the proxy, Deluge can contact the tracker. If I enable the proxy again, Deluge continues to download through the proxy, but doesn't obtain anymore seeders from tracker. I have also tried other free proxies.

Deluge: 1.3.10
libtorrent: 0.16.17.0
emkovic

Re: Tracker proxy error

Post by emkovic »

I'm getting the same problem, except I'm using sock5 through PIA.
Does your proxy have the 4 options, peer, web seed, tracker and dht?
I've found that my torrents work as long as I don't have a proxy on the tracker, just on the other three.
Using check my torrent IP, it seems to work. Not sure how safe it is dislosing my IP to the tracker though.
See if that helps.
teove76
New User
New User

Post by teove76 »

Same problem using Deluge on a Synology NAS, I did'n find any other post telling this, here what worked to me.
The use of proxy (Socks5) didn't allow me to contact the tracker to get peers; with proxy disabled I got peers, and if re-enabled, the download was working properly via proxy (no more peers from trackers anyway).

Deuge version: 1.3.15
libtorrent version: 1.0.11.0

So there are the n.4 proxy settings (Peers, Tracker, DHT, Web seed): I also tried to edit the core.conf file to set a different HTTP proxy for the Tracker, but it doesn't affect Deluge (seems just the Peers proxy configuration is considered, and applied to all the n.4 cases).

Finally, I disabled UPnP and NAT-PMP, and set the port forwarding (port triggering) on the router, in this way it works to me.
So seems that the Tracker proxy has an issue while using UPnP (maybe NAT-PMP too?).

BTW: for the encryption settings I am using: enabled/enabled/full stream/encrypt entire stream (checked); this gives quite slow peers discovery, but it finally find some peers, of course with some download speed reduction. Otherwise, the first option I de-select is "Level" puting "Either" to extend the number of peers discoverable.

Hope it helps.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to add that port forwarding on router should not fix this, as nothing should get through the tunnel setup between you and the socks5 proxy, well, at least if doing it correctly and using ltconfig plugin and enabling force_proxy and anonymous_mode. Also, contacting tracker unproxied is the worst you can do, as the torrent spec dictates checking the origin IP of tracker announce packet and sending that IP out to all connected or interested peers, however it was changed once so that even though just filling one of the proxy fields in deluge then it would still be used everywhere, but I'm not sure if it was like that with all fields or just some, e.g. I remember some just saying to fill DHT fields as that was enough.

Through the many years I've been using proxies, and from 4 different providers, then I've found that some of the IP's in the URL are down and many times you hit the same IP repeatedly, so I changed to looking up which IP's the URL points to, and then hardcoding one of them directly in deluge, and if that ever fails then add a new one. I also liked that because I checked all the IP's and some where little slower and had higher ping values(some providers have proxies available in multiple different countries, and so you're using them all randomly at different times when just using the URL), and so then simply choosing a fast IP to always use instead of using them all intermittently. There are many places you can look up IP's from URL's, e.g. https://tejji.com/ip/url-to-ip-address.aspx