Show/Hide deluge with single click on tray icon [SOLVED]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Show/Hide deluge with single click on tray icon [SOLVED]

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

Hi,

I recently had to delete my deluge config and I'm trying to set it up the way I had it before. The one thing that I can't seem to figure out is how I managed to get deluge to show/hide the main window by single-clicking the tray icon.

Before the config re-install if I left-clicked the tray icon a single time it would show the main window. If I left-clicked the tray icon while the main window was focused then it would close the main window, leaving only the tray icon open. If I right-clicked the tray icon it would show the right-click menu.

Now if I left-click the tray icon it shows the right-click menu instead of showing the deluge window, so I have to click to show the menu then choose "Show Deluge" from the menu.

Can anyone tell me what config option I need to find in order to make the tray icon behave as it did before the config re-install? I've looked through the config options in all the places that seem logical for that option to be toggled and can't seem to find it.
Last edited by 1337ingDisorder on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Show/Hide main UI window with single click on tray icon?

Post by Cas »

If you are using Ubuntu then you are using the application indicator, see the systray options in preferences.
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Re: Show/Hide main UI window with single click on tray icon?

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using Linux Mint (which is based on Ubuntu). I tried un-checking the "Enable Application Indicator" option before making this thread. All it did was make the tray icon stop working altogether (even the right-click produced no results, including the right-click menu which previously showed up on left- or right-click) so I re-enabled it in the options.

I just tried it again and it has now provided the functionality I'm looking for! Must have just glitched out when I tried that the first time.

Thanks again for the suggestion (and, in fact, the solution!)