Deluge just stopped connecting to daemon [SOLVED]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Deluge just stopped connecting to daemon [SOLVED]

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

I've been running deluge in daemon mode for a year or two now, and just this morning I stopped being able to connect on the computer I usually use to connect.

There are two computers on my LAN, both on the same subnet. Computer A runs the daemon, Computer B is the one I typically use as my desktop machine.

Normally I can connect to the daemon using deluge on either computer.

As of this morning, Computer B started failing to open deluge. When I try to run deluge on the command line it throws a bunch of errors. The weird thing is I can still connect to the daemon using the client on Computer A (where the daemon is running).

No changes have been made to the networking configuration on either computer or the router, no new system updates or software updates have been installed. As far as I can tell nothing at all has changed, but the behaviour of the deluge client on Computer B seems to be non-functional now.

Here's the error that Computer B throws when I try to run the client by command line:

Code: Select all

$ deluge
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised
  self.gnome_prog = gnome.init("Deluge", deluge.common.get_version())
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py:180: Warning: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
[ERROR   ] 16:03:17 ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed: Couldn't listen on any:/home/omni/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk: Cannot acquire lock.
Last edited by 1337ingDisorder on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Re: Deluge just stopped connecting to daemon

SOLVED.
(...sorta)

I managed to get the deluge client on Computer B to connect to the daemon on Computer A again by simply deleting my ~/.config/deluge directory on Computer B, forcing the deluge client to create a fresh config on startup.

This doesn't help explain why it suddenly stopped working before, but at least it gets deluge back to fully functional.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge just stopped connecting to daemon [SOLVED]

Post by Cas »

Searching for the specific error "Cannot acquire lock." would have given you the answer.
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Re: Deluge just stopped connecting to daemon [SOLVED]

Tried all kinds of google searches.. Those terms were part of one, didn't find any answers that fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Either way it's moot now as I've gotten it sorted out.