High CPU usage and bad performance on Raspberry PI

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jethro1138
New User
New User

High CPU usage and bad performance on Raspberry PI

Post by jethro1138 »

I decided to use a raspberry pi as a torrent box. Seemed doable, plus there are many sites on the internet saying they've done it.

I've got the latest raspberian on my PI. I copied my deluge config from the machine I was using it on before, installed deluge and started it all up.

I'm only running deluged and deluge-web on the PI.

It runs... but it is extremely slow and unresponsive. When I connect from a different machine using the GTK client, it takes forever to respond and update. As in, if I click on a certain State, it takes AT LEAST to 30 seconds to actually update the list. If I add a torrent it updates it's progress on the same scale, and I think it might be hanging and then restarting the download (I can't tell for sure, it's so painful).

It's also eating massive amounts of CPU - anywhere from 35% to 85%. Even when it's using the lesser amount, it's far from responsive. Hell, I tried to kill the process and THAT took 5 minutes!

Deluge-web is another story. It connects and accepts my password, but claims that the server on localhost is offline. I tried localhost, the server's hostname, the server's IP address... one time it showed online for a minute, but by the time I tried to connect it was offline again. I'm assuming this is related to the performance issue.

Oh, I nuked the packaged version and built 1.3.6 from scratch... same deal.

Anyone?...
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: High CPU usage and bad performance on Raspberry PI

Post by bro »

CPU usage of the deamon has been worked on for the next major version (1.4), so until then, all you can do is reduce the number of torrents you have. How much CPU is deluge-web using?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
PokemonLivesMatter
New User
New User

Post by PokemonLivesMatter »

Version 1.4 is not yet out?

I am using a banana pi with Bananian (the obsolete OS). Running deluged with a cpu footprint of around ~10% (occasional 20% spikes). 2 active torrents. No thinclient connected.

I think that is probably acceptable? WebGui isn't on because I don't have a use for it at the moment. Only use would be to check on torrents from outside my LAN but I can't portforward anyway thus can't reach my server.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

In 2013 bro wrote:CPU usage of the deamon has been worked on for the next major version (1.4), so until then, all you can do is reduce the number of torrents you have. How much CPU is deluge-web using?
In 2018 PokemonLivesMatter wrote:Version 1.4 is not yet out?
Lol! :)

You could try the v2.0 beta instead ;)