[ERROR ] ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed:

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

[ERROR ] ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed:

Post by shirish »

Hi all,
I had a sudden poweroff while using deluge (nothing to do with deluge itself but some issue at the Electricity provider) . In any case the system was not in a clean slate when it went down.

When power cam back and ext4 cleaned the filesystem as it was not a clean shutdown I tried to run deluge, I got the following error :-

Code: Select all

[ERROR   ] 00:40:54 ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed: Couldn't listen on any:/home/shirish/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk: Cannot acquire lock.
I scanned the net but couldn't find the error. Then by chance I came on the fora and saw the other post http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 1&start=10

This was the state before I removed the lock :-

~/.config/deluge/ipc$ ll
total 0
srw-rw-rw- 1 shirish shirish 0 Jul 31 14:29 deluge-gtk
lrwxrwxrwx 1 shirish shirish 4 Jul 31 14:29 deluge-gtk.lock -> 4626
The 4626 was in red . I removed the whole thing and started anew. I got the following errors while starting but it started and is working :-

$ rm ~/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk

$ deluge
[ERROR   ] 00:41:10 ipcinterface:137 Problem deleting lockfile or socket file!
[ERROR   ] 00:41:10 ipcinterface:138 [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/shirish/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/ipcinterface.py", line 135, in __init__
    os.remove(socket)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/shirish/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk'
[ERROR   ] 00:41:11 init:50 Unable to enable plugin!
[ERROR   ] 00:41:11 init:51 'Pieces'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/init.py", line 48, in enable
    self.plugin.enable()
  File "/home/shirish/.config/deluge/plugins/Pieces-0.5-py2.7.egg/pieces/gtkui.py", line 454, in enable
    component.get("TorrentDetails").add_tab(self._pieces_tab)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentdetails.py", line 210, in add_tab
    self.generate_menu()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentdetails.py", line 309, in generate_menu
    menuitem = gtk.CheckMenuItem(self.translate_tabs[name], True)
KeyError: 'Pieces'
I have tried to do since the following :-

$ deluge -L error -l deluge-error.txt
Is the above correct ?

Now for the queries :-

a. What is this lock ?
b. Was the pieces plugin the main problem or just something which has not been updated for python 2.7 or something?

Looking forward to some answers and understanding. Thank you for your time.
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
fly

Re: [ERROR ] ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed:

Post by fly »

I was having the same problem after I updated some libraries with the "Software Up To Date". I'm pretty sure it was the Python ones. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I did the same, deleting the deluge-gtk.lock symbolic link, once it was broken.

$ rm ~/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk.lock
$ deluge
[ERROR   ] 14:22:47 ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed: Couldn't listen on any:/home/daniel/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk: Cannot acquire lock.
Then I thought of taking a look at that 'config' folder:

$ ls ~/.config/deluge/
auth             gtkui.conf   label.conf       state
core.conf      core.conf~        gtkui.conf~  peers_tab.state  
tabs.state     dht.state        icons             label.conf~
plugins         torrentview.state             files_tab.state  
session.state              ui.conf
Notice the duplicated "core.conf", "gtkui.conf" and the extension file "label.conf" are followed by a "~" char. Not the first time I update the system and the updater doubles some config files, saving the older ones with the "~" mark.

Anyway, I just deleted the duplicates, then Deluge started normally.

$ rm core.conf~ gtkui.conf~ label.conf~
$ deluge
:D