stuck torrents in 1.3.6

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

stuck torrents in 1.3.6

Post by lvm »

After I've upgraded to 1.3.6 I've started experiencing the following problem: torrent starts downloading, at first everything goes fine, then it gets stuck - some download and upload activity goes on but at fairly low speeds, download percentage grows, then drops, grows and drops again and so ad infinitum without any actual progress. Rechecking doesn't help. I had this problem with at least 3 torrents, all tracked by at openbittorrent.com. Deleting and re-downloading affected torrent usually helps so it probably is not the problem with the torrent per se, but here is an example anyway: http://torrage.com/torrent/4247AE29231B ... 77.torrent I've also tried to continue downloading such torrent in another client (ktorrent) and a funny thing happened: after ktorrent rechecked the downloaded part it showed higher download percentage than deluge - 81% vs 69% on a 40G torrent, so perhaps the torrent was actually dowloading, but deluge was not showing it or detecting good chunks. I've also tried the following: stopped partially downloaded 'stuck' torrent in deluge, added it in ktorrent sharing files with deluge, dowloaded for a while, paused in ktorrent and ran recheck in deluge - and it showed 0% available! Needless to say after I ran recheck in ktorrent it showed 'much higher percentage and finished the download without a problem. Something is very wrong there. libtorrent 0.15.9 (latest from the ppa)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: stuck torrents in 1.3.6

Post by Cas »

It might be solved if you can test with 0.16 libtorrent.