Upgrade deleted config folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
SASDOE

Upgrade deleted config folder

Post by SASDOE »

After running sudo apt-get upgrade, i launched deluge-web, whose password was set back to default deluge. So i went to the deluge home folder /home/deluge/ and saw that the config file had entirely disappeared. How on earth did this happen ? And how do i fix it ?

For the background, i have a ubuntu server, deluge has it's own user (not used to run the apt-get upgrade command), and i had set it up with the new upstart file.

Running

Code: Select all

sudo deluged start
Outputs this :

$ [ERROR   ] 16:45:16 rpcserver:375 Couldn't listen on localhost:58846: [Errno 98] Address already in use.
And crashes the bash window (or however you call it when i can never input a new command, and pressing say left outputs its code).
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Upgrade deleted config folder

Post by Cas »

Was this from PPA or Ubuntu repo?
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

Installed following this guide http://linuxhomeserverguide.com/mediaserver/deluge.php, since i added no repos i suppose it's ubuntu
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have no idea how that could occur but in order to fix it you would need to use something like extundelete
SASDOE

Post by SASDOE »

completely uninstalled deluge with

sudo apt-get remove --purge deluge*
and reinstalled it. Brought my config files back somehow. Everything back to usual anyway. Didn't use extundelete, but will sure use it when i'll need it, which is bound to happen. Thanks.
ratzeputz

Post by ratzeputz »

SASDOE wrote:completely uninstalled deluge with

sudo apt-get remove --purge deluge*
and reinstalled it. Brought my config files back somehow. Everything back to usual anyway. Didn't use extundelete, but will sure use it when i'll need it, which is bound to happen. Thanks.
I can confirm this. Same thing happend on my system (squeeze). I did a backup before, so i had no problems. thanks a lot for your advice :)