Deluge Permission and Download issues

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
connell

Deluge Permission and Download issues

Post by connell »

Update: I seem to have fixed the permission error. Turns out I forgot a / in the path. I'm still experiencing the downloading issue. Torrents load and collect peers. They also display downloading. They may download as much as 40MB but it's usually less. Then they slowly stop. Also, two of the torrents have produced errors stating no such file or directory exists.

I'm running Ubuntu Server 12.04 on a host. The host is running two Ubuntu Server 12.04 virtual machines named Mediaserver and Webserver (as detailed in depth here: http://www.linuxhomeserverguide.com).

I'm running LVM on the host and in the VMs. I've created a volgroup and added a 1TB disk on the host. Within the volgroup, there is a 300gb partition titled MediaShare. The MediaShare partition is is mounted on the Mediaserver VM using VBox shared folders. I've installed the requisites in both the host and guest and the partition is displayed, in the guest, as properly mounted.

Additionally, I am using Samba on the Mediaserver VM to share the MediaShare (mounted on the guest) with windows PCs in my home.

Deluge is run as the user deluge on the Mediaserver VM. It's been placed in the vboxsf group with no change.

When I was initially setting things up, Deluge worked fine so long as it was downloading currently active and completed torrents to a directory on the guest VM. As you can imagine, the guest virtual disk filled up quickly. I later changed the downloading and completed directories to the MediaShare mounted on the guest. Problems ensued.

I'm now receiving occasional permission denied errors as I troubleshoot permissions and restart. I may have the permissions setup wrong. However, more alarmingly is that I usually don't get permissions errors. Instead, Deluge will queue several torrents from an RSS feed I setup, mark 5 as active, download approximately 40MB of each and then slow to a stop. This same thing occurs if I manually add a torrent from a magnet link.

I've checked that libtorrent and deluge are up to date- they are. I'm pulling my hair out here. Could anyone help?