[Bug] Complete torrents problem

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mayB

[Bug] Complete torrents problem

Post by mayB »

I have about 50 complete torrents seeding in deluge and every time I open deluge my private trackers say I'm leeching the files I'm actually seeding in Deluge e.g.: "Seeding 0 / Leeching 30", only after several minutes or after a manual update the tracker will say "Seeding 30 / Leeching 0".

Sometimes after closing Deluge, trackers keep saying I'm seeding/leeching for awhile, it might take about 1 hour to disappear.

I think Deluge is not updating trackers properly after we open it and after we close it.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.
Last edited by mayB on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
mayB

Re: [Bug] Complete torrents problem

Post by mayB »

I'd like to have some answer.

I think the problem is that deluge doesn't update the trackers properly after you open it, so trackers will assume as downloading torrents you are actually uploading.

After updating all the torrents manually or after waiting for the next announcement all the trackers will be assuming correctly that we are seeding and not leeching.

so deluge should send a automatic update after we open it and after we close it.

for exemple, after we close utorrent, it stays for awhile in the task manager, and the more torrrents it is running longer it will take to disappear, and this is because utorrent is updating all the trackers properly after you close it, that's what deluge should also do.
sandman
New User
New User

Post by sandman »

Just registered, to say i have the same problem...

deluge: 1.3.5
deluged: 1.3.5
libtorrent: 0.15.10.0

trackers on ipt, and bitmetv, show as leeching, instead of seeding..
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Do you know that it's not the tracker that is slow on updating the stats?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
sandman
New User
New User

Post by sandman »

So, its normal behaviour for a fresh start of Deluge, to start all your seeding torrents as leeching?

doesnt happen with ruTorrent.. so i doubt its that.
mayB

Post by mayB »

bro wrote:Do you know that it's not the tracker that is slow on updating the stats?
Yes, I do and it's not.
With utorrent it NEVER happen, so it's not tracker's fault, but some Deluge's problem.
sandman wrote:So, its normal behaviour for a fresh start of Deluge, to start all your seeding torrents as leeching?

doesnt happen with ruTorrent.. so i doubt its that.
This is not normal, I'm sure it's something wrong with Deluge since it never happens with other clients.
Last edited by mayB on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedB

Post by RedB »

I get the exact same problem

Deluge 1.35
Windows 7 x64

Doesn't occur with either Utorrent or Vuze - so I'm 99.99% convinced this is a problem with Deluge, not the tracker
mmm

Post by mmm »

I am also having the same issues as the above posters.

Using Deluge 1.3.5 on Windows 7 x64.
mayB

Post by mayB »

Could some developer say something about this please?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

All of the communication with the trackers is handled by libtorrent, so presumably it's either how libtorrent does things (bug?) or there could be a misconfiguration of libtorrent by Deluge.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.