files save

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gebeleizis
New User
New User

files save

Post by gebeleizis »

I need to save the files from a torrent in an global folder and not in an separate folder for each torrent. Is this possible?

ps> beautiful client, thank u so much
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Re: files save

Post by daddy »

Symlink?
gebeleizis
New User
New User

Post by gebeleizis »

Donàt think we are talking about the same thing.
Maybe my explanation wasn't clear (english is not my native lang).
Let's see...
We have the X torrent that has two or more files in a folder, his own folder. In utorrent I have the posibility when I save the torrent's files not to keep his folder, but put the files in in my own folder. In an few words, I want the posibility to alter the location were and under what name to save the torrent's files.
Hope this time I did it better.
Thank u for your patience.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gebeleizis wrote:Donàt think we are talking about the same thing.
Maybe my explanation wasn't clear (english is not my native lang).
Let's see...
We have the X torrent that has two or more files in a folder, his own folder. In utorrent I have the posibility when I save the torrent's files not to keep his folder, but put the files in in my own folder. In an few words, I want the posibility to alter the location were and under what name to save the torrent's files.
Hope this time I did it better.
Thank u for your patience.
you can move a torrent's location via the move torrent plugin. once that's enabled, you can right-click on a torrent and click on "move torrent". there's no renaming yet, though.
gebeleizis
New User
New User

Post by gebeleizis »

Yes I know it can be moved (nice plugin btw), but alwayes keeps the original folder.
Ah, well....No biggie.
Thanks
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by daddy »

Or, you can use a symlink. For instance, if a torrent has a folder named "gebeleizis", and you really want to write to "nsfw", simply symlink "gebeleizis" to "nsfw". Then, when deluge opens "gebeleizis/pr0n.mpg" for writing, it will transparently write to "nsfw/pr0n.mpg".