Magnet links will not download metadata.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Pigeon

Magnet links will not download metadata.

Post by Pigeon »

For a few weeks now, I've had a problem with magnet links not working. Regular .torrent files work fine. What I'm seeing is the total size for the torrent is 0.0KiB, and I am getting numerous connections to peers that I ought to be able to download the necessary metadata from. I am not showing any messages that might indicate port forwarding is set up incorrectly, and my router is showing that uPNP in working swimingly. I'm using deluge in client/server mode. Running with 'deluged -L info' does not give any useful information. Deluge is version 1.3.5, libtorrent is 0.16.5.

This happens with all magnet links, not just some of them. It doesn't matter how long I wait - overnight, a week or two, it doesn't finish. Magnet links work fine in, for example, rtorrent. Normal .torrent files work fine in deluge.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Magnet links will not download metadata.

Post by Cas »

Use libtorrent 0.15 as users are reporting magnet issues in 0.16.
aaron552

Post by aaron552 »

I've just started using deluge, and I can confirm that this is broken in the current packages (Deluge 1.3.5, libtorrent-rasterbar 0.16.5-1). Downgrading to libtorrent-rasterbar 0.15.10-1 as advised does not work (deluged will not start) but libtorrent-rasterbar 0.16.1-1 does work.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There was a python gil problem causing the magnet issue and I am not sure how 0.16.1 can work if 0.15.10 doesn't but just to update that this has been fixed in git 1.3-stable for the next release.