Deluge on Windows *WARNING- Lots to read*

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kiraexiled
New User
New User

Deluge on Windows *WARNING- Lots to read*

Post by kiraexiled »

Hi everyone~

Well just when i am pissed with bitcomet and utorrent, i came across Deluge, on Windows, released just in time :mrgreen:
It was wonderful when i first installed it and started using it. My torrent speeds could go up to 90kBps when all utorrent and bitcomet could give me was the maximun 5kBps :(

Things were well until my itchy hands went and mess with the Bandwidth settings. I had it set to -1, unlimited. Then later the speed started to fall to only about 50kBps. So when Deluge is still running, with more than 1000 connections on, i changed the max connections to 1000. God then an error came up saying "Deluge has encountered an error and needs to be closed". After
that i was never able have it turned on :cry:

I tried everything that i could, cleaning registry, reinstall, reinstall in different drives, but to no vail. I still get the error upon starting Deluge. So i switched to my sister's windows account and tried. It worked! Deluge checked the first file i was downloadin.. Damn it took long >.< About 15 mins later, it finished checkin. But the speed was pretty bad (below 10kBps) and i noticed that there seemed to be very little seeders (10+) compared to when i first used it (100+).

The second file that I was downloading was a Chinese TVB drama, so for the chinese words i see a symbol that resembles a dice with 4 dots on it. But this time when checkin to about 20%, the same error pops out again. I tried to have Deluge on again. It scanned my first file again. Damn long also, and the same thing happened to the second file. Is it related to the chinese words or is somethin wrong with my system? Also whenever i start Deluge i get a message saying "External python command not found", however it did no harm as it happened the first time i used it and Deluge was still functioning.

After about i dont know how many hours tryin to fix this, i noticed that my peers are resetting >.< Once the task is finished checking, peers would start to pile, to about 200, then suddenly going back to 0 and getting seeds back to 0 too. Right after i noticed this the error came up and now i couldnt get it to open again :mrgreen: The encountered a probe error would pop up after i double click deluge.exe. Ah being tired and outta idea i was thinkin of seeking help but guess it was too new to have help so i'm requestin for one ^^

Oh yea i'm in Malaysia with our proud Screamyx that costs rm88 for a 1mbit connection with lots of downtime and super throttling haha. Direct downloads are still fine but p2ps are a no no.

Thank you if you've read everything that i typed so far. Thank you and thank you in advance for solution.

***Oh yea does deluge recheck tasks every time they're turned off then on again? It's somewhat troublesome :geek:
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge on Windows *WARNING- Lots to read*

Post by markybob »

kiraexiled wrote:Hi everyone~

Well just when i am pissed with bitcomet and utorrent, i came across Deluge, on Windows, released just in time :mrgreen:
It was wonderful when i first installed it and started using it. My torrent speeds could go up to 90kBps when all utorrent and bitcomet could give me was the maximun 5kBps :(

Things were well until my itchy hands went and mess with the Bandwidth settings. I had it set to -1, unlimited. Then later the speed started to fall to only about 50kBps. So when Deluge is still running, with more than 1000 connections on, i changed the max connections to 1000. God then an error came up saying "Deluge has encountered an error and needs to be closed". After
that i was never able have it turned on :cry:

I tried everything that i could, cleaning registry, reinstall, reinstall in different drives, but to no vail. I still get the error upon starting Deluge. So i switched to my sister's windows account and tried. It worked! Deluge checked the first file i was downloadin.. Damn it took long >.< About 15 mins later, it finished checkin. But the speed was pretty bad (below 10kBps) and i noticed that there seemed to be very little seeders (10+) compared to when i first used it (100+).

The second file that I was downloading was a Chinese TVB drama, so for the chinese words i see a symbol that resembles a dice with 4 dots on it. But this time when checkin to about 20%, the same error pops out again. I tried to have Deluge on again. It scanned my first file again. Damn long also, and the same thing happened to the second file. Is it related to the chinese words or is somethin wrong with my system? Also whenever i start Deluge i get a message saying "External python command not found", however it did no harm as it happened the first time i used it and Deluge was still functioning.

After about i dont know how many hours tryin to fix this, i noticed that my peers are resetting >.< Once the task is finished checking, peers would start to pile, to about 200, then suddenly going back to 0 and getting seeds back to 0 too. Right after i noticed this the error came up and now i couldnt get it to open again :mrgreen: The encountered a probe error would pop up after i double click deluge.exe. Ah being tired and outta idea i was thinkin of seeking help but guess it was too new to have help so i'm requestin for one ^^

Oh yea i'm in Malaysia with our proud Screamyx that costs rm88 for a 1mbit connection with lots of downtime and super throttling haha. Direct downloads are still fine but p2ps are a no no.

Thank you if you've read everything that i typed so far. Thank you and thank you in advance for solution.

***Oh yea does deluge recheck tasks every time they're turned off then on again? It's somewhat troublesome :geek:
deluge on windows is not an official release. in fact, on the page where you downloaded the windows installer, the person who made it says "Please don't bother the deluge team with problem with this installer." it also lists his contact information for help, which is what you should use. but my main point is that it's simply not ready for anyone to be using right now, i'm sorry to say. eventually, but not yet. it is good to see your enthusiasm about it, though :)
kiraexiled
New User
New User

Re: Deluge on Windows *WARNING- Lots to read*

Post by kiraexiled »

Aww. If that's it then i'll try and work around it T.T Thanks anyway :mrgreen: