Questions about Share Ratio , Seeding and Peers

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Richard210363

Questions about Share Ratio , Seeding and Peers

Post by Richard210363 »

Hi there,
How do I see my overall Share Ratio? I understand that the share ratio can be used by other Torrent Clients to block me if I have not shared enough.
I can see the Ratio column for the individual torrents I am seeding but no overall Ratio.

Talking of Seeding. In the Seeders and Peers columns is it correct that the numbers in brackets are potential Seeders and Peers and the other numbers are the actual Seeders and Peers?

Thanks for any help
Richard
Keiji

Re: Questions about Share Ratio , Seeding and Peers

Post by Keiji »

How do I see my overall Share Ratio? I understand that the share ratio can be used by other Torrent Clients to block me if I have not shared enough.
You can't (unless I haven't noticed a feature to do that). If you have some patience though you can easily calculate it by dividing the sum of your uploaded bytes by the sum of your downloaded bytes (though it will not display total uploaded bytes for me for some reason, only uploaded bytes this session).

Speaking of total uploaded bytes (this is to the devs), Deluge has a huge bug because the uploaded bytes is only signed 32 bit. A short while ago, my total uploaded bytes went over 2^31 and therefore became negative, so my share ratio was also negative.
Talking of Seeding. In the Seeders and Peers columns is it correct that the numbers in brackets are potential Seeders and Peers and the other numbers are the actual Seeders and Peers?
The numbers in brackets are the total seeders and peers available, and the numbers outside of the brackets are the seeders and peers you're connected to.
Richard210363

Re: Questions about Share Ratio , Seeding and Peers

Post by Richard210363 »

Thanks for the answer.

The plugin called Extra Stats seems to shows the total Ratio. You have to hover over the icon on the panel to see them.

Richard