Option to force Deluge to use multiple trackers at once?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
MPW

Option to force Deluge to use multiple trackers at once?

Post by MPW »

Hello,

right now I use qBittorrent, but Deluge is really nice. :-)

But I have a problem: The specifications of torrent defines to only use one tracker and contact the others only if the main tracker is not availabe.

Is there an options to force deluge to conntact all trackers?

Often one tracker has no peers and others do. So I'd like to use all trackers which works quite nice with qBittorrent.

Bye
MPW
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Option to force Deluge to use multiple trackers at once?

Post by Cas »

This has been discussed before in IRC but I cannot remember the details/conclusion however I know that it is only available in libtorrent 0.15 so we could not include these in 1.3.x due to backward compatibility.

These are the session settings available in libtorrent 0.15 for multi tracker torrents:
announce_to_all_trackers controls how multi tracker torrents are treated. If this is set to true, all trackers in the same tier are announced to in parallel. If all trackers in tier 0 fails, all trackers in tier 1 are announced as well. If it's set to false, the behavior is as defined by the multi tracker specification. It defaults to false, which is the same behavior previous versions of libtorrent has had as well.

announce_to_all_tiers also controls how multi tracker torrents are treated. When this is set to true, one tracker from each tier is announced to. This is the uTorrent behavior. This is false by default in order to comply with the multi-tracker specification.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Should have added that if you create a feature-request ticket and mark it for 1.4 milestone then it won't be forgotten about. It may not be set as default in Deluge but the option could be made available in preferences.
funnel

Post by funnel »

Ticket #1395, requesting multi-tracker/multi-tier announcements, was opened on 2010-11-10. It has been marked for milestone 1.4.
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

+1 for this

currently I am editing the tracker lists manually to collect their peers lists ( ie forcing connected tracker to fail )
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

I have also noticed that if I change the tracker list order that the Status tab still shows the original tracker, and the Details tab shows the new highest priority tracker.
funnel

Post by funnel »

Lazybones wrote:If I change the tracker list order, the Status tab still shows the original tracker, and the Details tab shows the new highest priority tracker.
That issue deserves a separate thread. Anyway, that's happening to some (not all) of my torrents in 1.3.1 as well. Strange.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Lazybones wrote:I have also noticed that if I change the tracker list order that the Status tab still shows the original tracker, and the Details tab shows the new highest priority tracker.
The 'tracker status' in status tab is returned by libtorrent and should change over time rather than immediately, make sure you have latest version of libtorrent. However please do not continue the discussion here, as funnel said this should be in a separate thread or bug ticket.