FAQ needs updating

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

FAQ needs updating

Post by lvm »

Article about setting magnet handler in Firefox on linux without gnome (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... handlethem) is outdated, latest Firefox versions require a different approach: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_prot ... _and_above
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: FAQ needs updating

Post by Cas »

Anyone can update the wiki
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

Excuse me my ignorance, but how? I am logged into dev.deluge-torrent.org but cannot find a way to start editing even in the sandbox. When I am logged in every wiki page has a "Warning: <acct_mgr.web_ui.MessageWrapper object at 0x16d539cc>" message about where one should expect to find editing controls, could it be the source of this problem?
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

...and that was because I didn't confirm my email address. Ok, I've updated the FAQ.

BTW deluge (1.3.3 linux, client-server mode) handles magnet links properly only if the GtkUI has already been started, otherwise UI starts, prompt for the server to connect, but torrent is not added to the download queue
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If the client is not connected it will be added to a 'Torrent Queue', which is displayed in the bottom left of the status bar, and upon connecting to daemon it should popup and prompt how you wish to handle the queued torrents.
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

Cas wrote:If the client is not connected it will be added to a 'Torrent Queue', which is displayed in the bottom left of the status bar
Yes, it displays '1 torrent queued' there
and upon connecting to daemon it should popup and prompt how you wish to handle the queued torrents.
but this doesn't happen.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

lvm wrote:
Cas wrote:and upon connecting to daemon it should popup and prompt how you wish to handle the queued torrents.
but this doesn't happen.
Are you sure that the torrent are not added automatically? If both Add dialog and Queued are set to not popup then this will happen.

You can test with a fresh config (-c) on the client to verify this.
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

My deluge is indeed set up to start torrents automatically, but added torrent is not showing in the torrent list, I presume it means that it was actually not added. It will be added if I click on the same magnet link the second time after GtkUI has started and connected to the daemon.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have tested what you describe but cannot see any issues. If you enable logging, there may be clues there.

To determine if this is a bug you need to test with a clean config for deluge-gtk and be able to repeat the issue.
funnel

Post by funnel »

lvm wrote:...and that was because I didn't confirm my email address.
The "optional" note really ought to be removed from the registration page. The same happened to me when trying to create a ticket. If the registration page's text (RegistrationModule) is too murky to edit, a question should at least be added to the FAQ about it. Something like...

Q: Why do I get errors when editing the wiki or tickets?
A: You must submit and verify your email address to edit our Trac pages.

But that isn't necessary if the reg page is changed. (There doesn't seem to be a way for regular users to edit the register page.)