Problems with downloading

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
friwise

Problems with downloading

Post by friwise »

Hi!!!
I don't really know how but my deluge has stopped working in my Ubuntu 11.10.
I think there is something wrong with ports because when I check there status it doesn't tell me they are open. There is always the red symbol.
However, I am not sure this is the main reason. Anybody has any kind of idea?

Example: I find a torrent. Download and open with deluge. It is listed like downloading but it cannot find its seeders and its leechers so it is not downloading at all(I am talking about torrents with 1000s of seeders and leeachers)

Thanks in advance
Attachments
deluge1.png
deluge1.png (43.53 KiB) Viewed 11332 times
deluge.png
deluge.png (27.5 KiB) Viewed 11332 times
kilrathi

Re: Problems with downloading

Post by kilrathi »

I am having this exact problem. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 with Deluge 1.3.3. Transmission downloads my torrents just fine, but deluge seems to connect to the trackers but it cannot connect to peers / seeds. The ports are forwarded through my firewall to the box just fine. I've flushed my firewall rules (iptables) on the machine and it doesn't make a difference at all. I have non-random ports specified for incoming connections and random ports for outgoing. With logging enabled in debug i don't see any errors that explain why this may be happening. Again with a different torrent client my torrents have been transferring just fine. I'll keep digging through these forums and google. If anyone else out there has some insight your input would be greatly appreciated.
ksn135
New User
New User

Post by ksn135 »

I have very similar problem. First I download torrent file from rutracker.org. If I use another application (i.e. transmission) everything goes ok. BUT when I add the same torrent file into deluge, torrent added, but nothing more happend. No activity, infinite download time. Probably something goes wrong after system update BUT I don't know. Please help me to solve this puzzle.

PS: BTW, I have used deluge daemon on headless Linux box about one year. Before this happend I have no problem at all.
brunoaguirre

Post by brunoaguirre »

Had the same problem, I solved it by removing the old .config/deluge/ directory.
Which had the configurations of a previous version. This is a very common issues when upgrading SO and keeping your home dir.

Regards.
ksn135
New User
New User

Post by ksn135 »

brunoaguirre, thank you very much! Your method worked: new added torrents works fine. BUT I've got no old torrents: empty list.
How to restore(recover) old torrents from old "broken" config folder ? Is it possible ?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

ksn135 wrote:How to restore(recover) old torrents from old "broken" config folder ? Is it possible ?
The state folder in your old config contains a copy of the torrent files loaded and torrents.state the information about torrents currently in the Deluge session. You can try copying over torrents.state but you may end up back to the same situation as before and if so you will instead have to manually load them again. You can ignore torrents.fastresume but will mean all your torrents need rechecking.
ksn135
New User
New User

Post by ksn135 »

Cas, thanks for advice!
mr__y

Post by mr__y »

I signed up just for the purpose of saying thank you Cas!
I've been trying to figure this out for several days.
stavros

Post by stavros »

Wow, that worked. Why did that work? I didn't even lose my configuration, how is that possible?

Just registered to say thanks!