torrents get reset to 0% (crash?)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
medigeek

torrents get reset to 0% (crash?)

Post by medigeek »

deluge 0.5.4.1-1 - Ubuntu feisty fawn 7.04

I have only enabled plugins the files tab, the blocklist importer and the network health monitor.
When I go File > Quit, most of the times it hangs several seconds. Sometimes it hangs more seconds than usual (say 30 seconds) and then when I start Deluge again it resets the downloaded torrent to 0%.
If I press start, the torrent says "queued" and doesn't download. This happened when I entered two big 8 gb torrents and one of 44gb size (with only 25gb of the files). I have to remove and add the torrent again to make it check the integrity.

Another problem I've seen is that if I set to download several files (not all) and remove and re-add the torrent and probably I don't select all previously selected files, it starts the download from 0% again, although it does the checking part. I lost 50% of the big 25gb one.

I can send the torrents to anyone interested to test them out.
I'm not sure if it's a crash, I've now started to run deluge from the terminal to check if there are any messages.
This didn't happen with previous versions, although the "hanging" part was there.
medigeek

Re: torrents get reset to 0% (crash?)

Post by medigeek »

Code: Select all

$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
Starting new Deluge session...
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG.
Applying preferences
Capping download to 25600 bytes per second
Capping upload to 8192 bytes per second
Pickling state...
Scanning plugin dir /usr/share/deluge/plugins
Initialising plugin EventLogging
Initialising plugin TorrentSearch
Initialising plugin SpeedLimiter
Initialising plugin NetworkGraph
Initialising plugin TorrentPieces
Initialising plugin TorrentPeers
Initialising plugin Locations
Initialising plugin DesiredRatio
Initialising plugin SimpleRSS
Initialising plugin ExtraStats
Initialising plugin TorrentNotification
Initialising plugin NetworkHealth
Initialising plugin TorrentFiles
Initialising plugin BlocklistImport
Initialising plugin TorrentCreator
Applying preferences
Starting DHT...
Capping upload to 8192 bytes per second
Showing window
Loading blocklist plugin ...
importing with pgtext
TextReader loading /home/username/.config/deluge/blocklist.cache
PGTextReader loading
TextBase loading
Starting import
Import finished
Pickling state...
Pickling state...
Applying preferences
Capping download to 20480 bytes per second
Capping upload to 6144 bytes per second
Pickling state...
Pickling state...
Applying preferences
Applying preferences
Pickling state...
Pickling state...
Saving prefs...
Pickling state...
Stopping DHT...
Saving fastresume data...
Quitting the core...
core: removing torrents...
core: removing settings...
core: shutting down session...
core shut down.
edit: I unloaded the files tab, and used only one torrent, set to download all the files (8gb)

It hangs a lot on the "Saving fastresume data..." part and much less in the "core: shutting down session...". It was running for 2-3 days.
(In the meantime, I don't know if it matters, I used gnome's "lock screen" button to lock my screen for these 2-3 days.)
I ran deluge again, and the problem appeared, one torrent in the list and reset to 0%. The second time I shut it down it hanged 5-6 seconds on the "core: shutting down session..." but not on the fastresume.

What's that fastresume? It looks like that's the problem.
Keiji

Post by Keiji »

I think the fastresume is what allows it to start where it left off, rather than having to check the entire contents of the torrent first.

I kinda wonder why you're downloading a 44GB torrent though... the biggest I've ever downloaded was around 5GB.
medigeek

Post by medigeek »

Should it matter? :) The last time I tested it I've used only one torrent, and it was 8gb in size.
I'm currently checking it without the "lock screen", maybe that was breaking something, we'll see.
I should mention it doesn't reset to 0% every time I quit though, but it does hang *a lot* while it's at that fastresume part.
Keiji

Post by Keiji »

Deluge hangs a lot on the fastresume part for me too. Maybe it needs a progress bar while doing so?
carpespasm

Post by carpespasm »

I believe I'm having the same problem as well. Deluge was running fine for me for several days, but I added another large torrent that was partially completed with utorrent under wine yesterday, and the total load of about 55gb between 3 torrents. When I shut down the machine last night Deluge hung on exit, and it's now checking through the torrents, but it just had them sitting as "queued" at first. I tried doing a tracker update and that just made it crash out, but it started checking the torrent I told it to update the tracker to when i restarted it, and now it appears that it's checking through the other 2 torrents as well. Any idea what's up ohh mighty deluge gurus? :P