Deluge Daemon Stops Working After One Download

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
yochaigal

Deluge Daemon Stops Working After One Download

Post by yochaigal »

Ubuntu 10.10, Deluge 1.3.1 (PPA) on an aspire revo. I only run deluged and deluge-web --- it has worked very well with the same version since it was first released.

This one is a doozy. In a nutshell, this is what happens:
I connect to deluge-web at port 8112, i provide my password. The daemon is autoconnected to localhost @ port 58846
I add a torrent. It adds successfully.
Here is the troubling part: the torrent NEVER BEGINS. It collects peers, but never starts downloading.
I then STOP and START the daemon, reconnect it to deluge-web (through the interface) and it begins downloading the torrent.
After the torrent finishes, it seeds until I tell it to stop. The MOMENT I add another torrent, the same thing happens from above.
This is not limited to one torrent either; I can add many torrents after starting the deluge daemon again --- only after an unknown amount of time does the problem reoccur.
Basically, I have to restart the daemon every time I want to add a new torrent(s).

I have:

* thoroughly checked permissions, config, ports, etc on my linux box to ensure that nothing is preventing the daemon from functioning properly.
* checked the logs (in debug mode) for anything that would help me understand the problem
* deleted my .config/deluge folder, and set it up from scratch.
* reinstalled (with purge) all deluge packages I use
* tried multiple torrents from multiple trackers

It took about two hours or so for the problem to start. I made a number of attempts before the problem started.... see the final torrent for the problem in question.

If you can help me understand this, I'd be most grateful. Thanks
Attachments
logs.zip
(44.84 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
yochaigal

Re: Deluge Daemon Stops Working After One Download

Post by yochaigal »

Problem persists using git version 1.3.9 ----

At this point, I'm guessing there's something genuinely funky with my OS....
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Certainly is an odd problem, best I can suggest is to see if you can reproduce this without using deluge-web? (e.g. console, gui or watch folder)

Do you run deluge-web using the plugin or standalone program?
yochaigal

Post by yochaigal »

standalone.
i thought of using the gtk app, but it's on a remote server. I could do it with X forwarding/ssh, though.
yochaigal

Post by yochaigal »

craziness.

so I installed the GUI of deluge.... and the problem persisted.
HOWEVER:
Whilst looking through the deluge-gtk settings pane (to ensure that the application itself was using my .config prefs) I noticed the "test incoming port" button. I thought, what the hell I'd like a nice, gui-friendly green arrow.
And lo, it was red!
I quickly checked my router config, and to my dismay the port number listed was ONE NUMBER OFF. I had recently upgraded my router, and seemingly put port 8881 instead of 6881!!!!
I changed the port, got the green arrow, and the download began immediately, without having to restart the daemon.

Now, this makes no sense: lots of people run torrent clients with UPnP only, so the only guess I can hazard is that my tomato router (wrt54gl) had ants up its pants.
Lets hope this is a permanent fix.