Port Configuration Confusion

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Nibinaear

Port Configuration Confusion

Post by Nibinaear »

I'm a recent convert first from Vuze to Utorrent, but now Utorrent to Deluge (I like the open-source aspect). I'm trying to configure the port settings in Deluge like I did in the other clients but I'm finding it a bit tough because there are four boxes, 2 for incoming and 2 for outgoing. If I set them all up to the port I've decided - 62305 then I ge the warning triangle when I hit the test button. Do I need different ports for incoming/outgoing? I'm not very good with protocols or network settings so please go easy.
loki

Re: Port Configuration Confusion

Post by loki »

Yes, it does need different ports, but you can actually use random for outgoing ports without problem. It should make it through the firewall/router since it is originating from your computer. (it does for mine anyway)
Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

I've set my incoming ports to 62314-62314 and my outgoing to random but I still get the warning triangle. Do I actually need a range of ports for the incoming ones? This is definitely the port I have on Utorrent and utorrent works fine.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

What version of Deluge and what operating system?
loki

Post by loki »

Don't use utorrent and Deluge at the same time with the same port...? (I assume you knew this though)
Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

Cas wrote:What version of Deluge and what operating system?
Deluge 1.3.1 on Windows XP SP3 (with connections fix)
loki wrote:Don't use utorrent and Deluge at the same time with the same port...? (I assume you knew this though)
Yes I knew that.
Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

I still have the problem but uploading is now fixed. I have my upload rate set to 50KB (bits). Thinking it was in kb (bytes). I've now got it set to 400KB, I think that's right anyway. I still have the warning triange on the port test. Just to recap:

Incoming ports: 62314 - 62314
Ougoing ports: Random
Network Extras: on
Encryption: Enabled on all
Max connections: 300, 100 per torrent.
Upload slots 4
loki

Post by loki »

On the network extras, unless you need all of them specifically (you shouldn't need all of them at once), try enabling just peer exchange and LSD, and maybe DHT if you're on open trackers.
Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

loki wrote:On the network extras, unless you need all of them specifically (you shouldn't need all of them at once), try enabling just peer exchange and LSD, and maybe DHT if you're on open trackers.
This is a private tracker and it downloads crazily fast but does not upload ever. (Have followed their instructions for part seeding leeched torrents) but the traingle remains. Is there anything I need to permit in my firewall to make this port test work?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

have you tried adding a port map on your router? do you have a software firewall?