stability of deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

stability of deluge

Post by abubin »

I notice for the past few version of deluge, 1.3.0rc1, 1.3.0rc2, 1.3.0...there have been some stability issues related to libtorrent version.

For example, we have found some bugs in libtorrent 0.15.x.

The last version that I was very satisfied with is 1.3.0rc1 with libtorrent 0.14.x which I compile on my ubuntu 10.04.

Since the launch of 1.3.0, I have tested and compiled this version with libtorrent 0.15.3 and 0.15.2 and both instances are not stable. Deluge will sometimes crash after a few days or few hours of running.

I am now running 1.3.0 with libtorrent 0.14.10 and hopefully the crashes are due to libtorrent 0.15.x.

Anyway, my whole point of pointing this out is to request deluge team to include the libtorrent version you guys tested that you deemed "stable". With the release of each deluge version, include libtorrent version. This will eliminate a lot of unnecessary bugs or support issue that might not be a problem of deluge. So that users like me can compile the most stable version and enjoy using a stable deluge instead of the hassle of crashes that spoil the torrenting fun.