Resuming downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
luser

Resuming downloads

Post by luser »

Deluge fucked up for me. Something about having a bad saved state. So I cd'd to .config/deluge and deleted some stuff. Then, I tried resuming my downloads.

shutil.Error: `/home/censored/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/-{mininova.org}- the.colbert.report.08.15.07.dsr.xvid-w4f.[VTV].torrent` and `/home/censored/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/-{mininova.org}- the.colbert.report.08.15.07.dsr.xvid-w4f.[VTV].torrent` are the same file

No ****. When deluge didn't work, I tried resuming them with Azureus, which popped up a dialog box saying something to the effect of, are you sure? azureus will check the files and overwrite parts that aren't in the torrent. So, now I'm downloading stuff with that bloaty java app instead.

When will Deluge get a resume function that isn't dependent on (potentially inconsistent) cached state? For that matter, when will Deluge gain the ability to delete its broken cache rather than crashing on launch?
praveenmarkandu

Re: Resuming downloads

Post by praveenmarkandu »

relax dude. deluge is still in development. it would be nice to know what version you are running. the new builds are quite stable.
and you should be careful what you post. viacom is not too happy about people getting rips of their shows.
luser

Post by luser »

I'm using the 0.5 that comes with Ubuntu Linux. I didn't think that really mattered all that much, though, considering that I deleted the broken files rather than sending them in :oops:

Theres a topic on ubuntu forums about that issue though... if i could remember what the error message was...
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

luser wrote:I'm using the 0.5 that comes with Ubuntu Linux. I didn't think that really mattered all that much, though, considering that I deleted the broken files rather than sending them in :oops:

Theres a topic on ubuntu forums about that issue though... if i could remember what the error message was...
if you're gonna complain and curse, you should at least be sure that you have the latest version before asking "when will" questions. 0.5 is ancient. get 0.5.4.1 from http://download.deluge-torrent.org