Ownership on folders created by deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
nickeh

Ownership on folders created by deluge?

Post by nickeh »

Hi, I've been having problems with deluge not moving files added by flexget to their move complete dir.

I thought the problem was wit flexget but after further investigation I noticed that when flexget adds a torrent, the move on completion setting gets set correctly but the problem is that deluge makes the dir owned by root and not writable for others than owner?

Is this something i can change in the config or is this a bug, since i'm running deluged on a user dedicated for running the deamon it fails to move since the deluged user doesn't get write permissions to the dir created by deluge....

A bit of info about my setup:
Headless server on gentoo, deluge 1.2.3, flexget for rss adding.
Deluge downloads torrents to /mnt/sdd/Download/Incoming
Deluge is supposed to move completed files to /mnt/sdd/Download/%SERIESNAME% / %SEASON% /
Where flexget sets seriesname and season number....

At first i thougt that I had misconfigured so that deluge was run by root but a quick "ps aux" shows that it is run by user deluge:

Code: Select all

deluge   26689  3.0  4.6 315736 47796 ?        Ssl  14:35   0:24 /usr/bin/python2.6 /usr/bin/deluged --do-not-daemonize 
deluge   26701  0.0  1.8 114220 19360 ?        Ss   14:35   0:00 /usr/bin/python2.6 /usr/bin/deluge -L debug -l /home/deluge/.config/deluge/deluged.log -u web
As you can si i have -L debug set but it doesn't show mutch, witch loglevel would show output from the move on completion?

If I've missed some info I'm glad to provide it, and if someone else could check how their deluge works it would help alot!

EDIT:

Did some further testing, flexget added a torrent, deluge created dir with wrong owner. So i deleted the downloaded file and changed ownership on the folder created by deluge and did a "force recheck" on the torrent so it would re download.
This time when i finished it did move the file so it's probably the ownership that is messing things up.
But then, how do i make deluge set the right ownership?

EDIT2:

I just added a torrent and set the move on completion setting in deluge and that worked as it should so it should be something with how the API handles the info it gets from flexget?
gazpachoking

Re: Ownership on folders created by deluge?

Post by gazpachoking »

This issue is caused by deluge/flexget interaction. Deluge didn't use to create the move completed folder if it didn't exist. Therefore, FlexGet creates the move completed folder before handing a torrent to deluge. This behavior is changed in Deluge 1.3, (deluge will create a move completed folder if it isn't there.) I am going to change FlexGet to detect 1.3 and not create the folder itself in that instance. That of course requires running 1.3 and waiting for me to make the change in flexget, so it doesn't help you right now. In the mean time, make sure flexget is running as the same user as deluge, and you shouldn't have any problems.
nickeh

Re: Ownership on folders created by deluge?

Post by nickeh »

Since i'm forced to stay with 1.2.3 i got this fixed by runing flexget as the same user as deluge via the users crontab!