Deluge 1.3-rc1 w/ FlexGet on Windows

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bcode

Re: Deluge 1.3-rc1 w/ FlexGet on Windows

Post by bcode »

Hrm, looks like you've got 2 errors going on... It looks like the RSS feed needs to be XML (wasn't sure about that, but your error log seems to suggest it), and part of your Deluge/FlexGet install is not registered with flexget.

I'd say the first error is the more important of the two at the moment - since there is no sense reinstalling things if your RSS feed is not compatible. Does your torrent site offer different feed types?
LordS

Post by LordS »

Currently waiting on a official answer, but it seems thus far they do not...

All that work for nothing... and I really wanted to get rid of utorrent =/
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

LordS wrote: Ran it with your version and got:
2010-08-18 09:30 CRITICAL deluge Deluge module and it's dependencies required. ImportError: No module named twisted.internet.protocol
Deluge does not install it's dependencies to the system on Windows. You might try just installing twisted manually to solve that error.
If you want every item in a feed, you actually need a filter plugin still, specifically, accept_all. Like so:

Code: Select all

feeds:
  feed_name:
    rss: http://example.com/rss.php?feed=X
    accept_all: yes
    deluge: yes
As for the invalid xml problem, does the file that flexget writes, (C:\Users\NAME\.flexget\received\test.xml,) look like the actual feed, or an error page, as the error message suggests?
EDIT: Also, https should work.
LordS

Post by LordS »

gazpachoking wrote:
LordS wrote: Ran it with your version and got:
2010-08-18 09:30 CRITICAL deluge Deluge module and it's dependencies required. ImportError: No module named twisted.internet.protocol
Deluge does not install it's dependencies to the system on Windows. You might try just installing twisted manually to solve that error.
If you want every item in a feed, you actually need a filter plugin still, specifically, accept_all. Like so:

Code: Select all

feeds:
  feed_name:
    rss: http://example.com/rss.php?feed=X
    accept_all: yes
    deluge: yes
As for the invalid xml problem, does the file that flexget writes, (C:\Users\NAME\.flexget\received\test.xml,) look like the actual feed, or an error page, as the error message suggests?
EDIT: Also, https should work.
The feed appears to have nothing in it at all. If I open the .xml in IE it just keeps loading....

I'll try it again.
LordS

Post by LordS »

appears I'm getting a new problem now I've installed twisted.

2010-08-18 14:29 INFO manager Test database created
2010-08-18 14:29 CRITICAL deluge Deluge module and it's dependencies required. ImportError: No module named xdg

I really appreciate all the help I'm getting from you guys.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

LordS wrote: 2010-08-18 14:29 CRITICAL deluge Deluge module and it's dependencies required. ImportError: No module named xdg
xdg shouldn't be required on windows, I've filed a bug report. You could try fixing that bug by hand, (just delete the import line mentioned in the bug report.) You might get some more dependency errors, there is a tip here to find them faster, then do some google searching to get them.
EDIT: I have removed the xdg requirement for Windows in the git repo, next rc shouldn't need it.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I added some links to the dependencies you will need to install on windows here. (including pyxdg, so you don't have to wait for the next rc)
LordS

Post by LordS »

gazpachoking wrote:I added some links to the dependencies you will need to install on windows here. (including pyxdg, so you don't have to wait for the next rc)
Thanks mate, installing them now.
Lets see what happens :)
LordS

Post by LordS »

After installing the dependency i still get the fault with the feed.

How does flexget handle RSS feeds that require authorisation (aka logging in/cookie handling).
bcode

Post by bcode »

LordS wrote:How does flexget handle RSS feeds that require authorisation (aka logging in/cookie handling).
That's a good question - The private tracker that I use puts the authorization cookie in the feed URL, to bypass the need to login each time... gazpachoking, do you have any info that would help answer this question?