Delude Takes A LOOOONG Time To Quit

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
praveenmarkandu

Delude Takes A LOOOONG Time To Quit

Post by praveenmarkandu »

i believe that deluge takes an extremely long time to quit. Could it be dependant on the total size of data im trying to download. I have a 5.5GB file and it takes a good 3 to 4 minutes for the system tray icon do disappear and to be gone from the task list
Jester45

Re: Delude Takes A LOOOONG Time To Quit

Post by Jester45 »

I do not believe it Dependant on the file's size as i have about 10 torrents going all above 8gb and it only takes a second or two to leave tray
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Jester45 wrote:I do not believe it Dependant on the file's size as i have about 10 torrents going all above 8gb and it only takes a second or two to leave tray
yeah, i'm not entirely sure what your problem is. on close, deluge tries to connect to the trackers and tell them that we're signing off. if the network is down and we cant reach the tracker, then closing takes quite a bit. however, if the network is fine, it shouldnt take more than 5 seconds or so to build the fast-resume data that we need to make sure you dont have to recheck your torrents the next time that you start.
nikotra

Post by nikotra »

I have had the same problem whit the deluge version 0.5.3.

Also if you force the exit at the next time you start you need to recheck your torrents.
The life is sow, but f**k you free.
praveenmarkandu

i dont know whats wrong with my deluge. i've noticed this in 0.54 and now its still in 0.54.1
my computer is not the fastest thing in the world but its not slow. its a centrino 1.73GHz, 512MB ram.
i doubt i played with any settings. i will turn off all my plugins and check them one by one. i'll report back later
Montsegur87

Post by Montsegur87 »

It has something to do with files , because the first time this happened to me I killed the process. Next time I opened Deluge everything I had downloaded in my last session was gone , (eg 10% of a torrent).

Do NOT kill Deluge's process to stop it.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Montsegur87 wrote:It has something to do with files , because the first time this happened to me I killed the process. Next time I opened Deluge everything I had downloaded in my last session was gone , (eg 10% of a torrent).

Do NOT kill Deluge's process to stop it.
yes, killing deluge isnt a very good idea. on close deluge does various things, like saving the current state (which torrents are running, which plugins are on) and saving fast-resume data. it shouldnt take more than a few seconds, but obviously something a little strange is happening on those boxes that take longer.
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by daddy »

Why not destroy the deluge window before contacting the trackers? Then users wouldn't feel like the program wasn't responsive, and wouldn't be tempted to kill it.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

daddy wrote:Why not destroy the deluge window before contacting the trackers? Then users wouldn't feel like the program wasn't responsive, and wouldn't be tempted to kill it.
good point. i committed this change to svn. :) we're always listening, thanks.
praveenmarkandu

i am a dunce. i think all i needed was a reinstall. maybe because i didnt remove the old versions of deluge. i purged it using aptitute and just installed it using the deb file. i had to redo all my settings but everything works snappy now. sorry. my bad