Frequent tracker timeouts

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
nickelodeus
New User
New User

Frequent tracker timeouts

Post by nickelodeus »

Hi!

I've recently switched from Azureus/Vuze to Deluge, and *wow*, the difference in memory usage is astronomical!. I'm gradually restarting the torrents I was previously seeding, but now I've run into a problem: lots of torrents time out (Tracker status on the Status tab says "<trackername>: Error: Connection timed out").

When I was still using Azureus, I frequently had been seeding over 350 torrents accross several trackers without a hitch (not counting the memory usage) and the webpages of the trackers always showed I was seeding that number of torrents.

While using Deluge, I'm now seeding 98 torrents ("Auto Managed" off) but only around 20 from different trackers stay active (and as such are listed on the trackers' websites) - the rest keeps timing out. The ones that are running cycle with torrents that were previously timed out and vice versa. I've tried fiddling with the different numbers of connections on the Bandwidth preferences page, but using high (800) or low numbers (50) and several steps in between doesn't seem to matter. The number of actual reported connections rarely go above 100. I've also tried debug logging, but that only shows no errors. :)

Does anyone have a clue how to keep these torrents from timing out? Because I don't. :? :)

I'm running Deluge v1.2.3 GTK (tried both classic and non-classic mode) (libtorrent 0.14.10.0), which I installed from the Fedora F13 x86_64 updates-testing repo, and am using the Blocklist-plugin. Checking my incoming port status results in a nice green dot.

PS. Does Deluge/libtorrent support batch/grouped scraping (like Azureus/Vuze)?
nickelodeus
New User
New User

Re: Frequent tracker timeouts

Post by nickelodeus »

Polite *bump*.
Is more information needed for a solution? If so, please let me know.
lman
New User
New User

Post by lman »

Yeah, I got the same problem, and manual update tracker in the context menu doesn't help either. It just keeps timeing out.
The only solution I found was to restart deluge. :( After that it workes for a few hours...

Edit: Somebody already reported it http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1320
nickelodeus
New User
New User

Post by nickelodeus »

Hi Iman!

Although it has some resemblance to the problem I've outlined in my post, it doesn't seem to be the same. Manually scraping the tracker does work to some extent with my copy of Deluge (Linux x86_64, 1.2.3 GTK, libtorrent 0.14.10.0), but after a few minutes other torrents start to time out. Restarting has the same effect: it starts out good, then torrents start timing out, manually scraping or waiting a few hours alleviates the problem for some torrents, then other torrents start to time out.
QWIKAG

Post by QWIKAG »

See attached.
The Marked (Red) setting was the reason for my troubles.
I was getting intermittent Connection Timed Out on various torrents, especially the torrents that were old.
I thought I had fixed it be downloading fresh torrent files and starting them again, and forcing check, but other torrents would then become troublesome.
Reset a specific Torrents Trtacker and another would show up.
Also I could still download and torrents would also seed, but it was intermittent.
It seemed like my Proxy was failing, It did not help that my Provider NordVPN kept diabling their Socksv5 Proxy Servers. So the assumption was it was them for a long time.
They also di not have clear documentation about the correct setup.
Well it is now. I think they have sorted it.
I could not find a solution for these connection time outs, and I have been searching for well over a year.

The Setting that should have been:
In Proxy, make Proxy Trackers = False
Attachments
Unset Proxy Trackers
Unset Proxy Trackers
Screenshot from 2021-05-01 23-45-11.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 5707 times