Unselecting files error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Gaussian
New User
New User

Unselecting files error

Post by Gaussian »

Whenever i try to download a torrent with multiple parts, and i try to unselect some of them, I get an error message saying that i must enable full allocation in order to use the feature. However, i have this enabled, but i keep getting the error. Any thoughts on this, is it a bug?

Using Ubuntu 7.04 with Deluge 0.5.4.1-1
plisk

Re: Unselecting files error

Post by plisk »

Seems like you added that torrent with compact allocation on and then switched preferences to full allocation. Allocation mode is per torrent, so if you added it while compact allocation was on - it will be in compact allocation mode no matter changes in preferences. So you can re-add torrent with full allocation in preferences turned on and it will be ok.
Slinky Puppet
New User
New User

Post by Slinky Puppet »

I'm having exactly the same problem. Deluge complains when I try to add a torrent and select file priority and it tells me to select 'full allocation'

I definitely have 'full allocation' checked. In fact I can't select anything else - when I select compact and return to the options it is back on 'full'. This is the first time I've used deluge so maybe I've misunderstood something. On the other hand, if it's this hard just to select a file ...

I'm using version 0.541 on Ubuntu 'feisty fawn' 7.04.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Slinky Puppet wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem. Deluge complains when I try to add a torrent and select file priority and it tells me to select 'full allocation'

I definitely have 'full allocation' checked. In fact I can't select anything else - when I select compact and return to the options it is back on 'full'. This is the first time I've used deluge so maybe I've misunderstood something. On the other hand, if it's this hard just to select a file ...

I'm using version 0.541 on Ubuntu 'feisty fawn' 7.04.
it should only use compact when full is selected if libtorrent tried to use full allocation but failed for whatever reason. what are your filesystems? local or remote (samba/nfs)?
as far as not saving prefs...i'm not sure what's going on there. i think we're seeing a gtk bug: what if you change your pref, then click on another field, such as the max active torrents spinner, and then click ok. does that save?
Slinky Puppet
New User
New User

Post by Slinky Puppet »

The torrent is being saved on a local fat32 partition (for sharing with windows).

Clicking on other gui controls doesn't help. It still says 'full' and I still can't change priorities.

Even better - I decided just to download everything but deluge is only downloading the first file. It says it's downloading both but only the one appears in nautilus. If I stop the torrent, remove it, then restart it does a check and appears to find the other file (the completed percentage increases) but there is no file in the designated folder. Does deluge save temporary data somewhere?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Slinky Puppet wrote:The torrent is being saved on a local fat32 partition (for sharing with windows).

Clicking on other gui controls doesn't help. It still says 'full' and I still can't change priorities.

Even better - I decided just to download everything but deluge is only downloading the first file. It says it's downloading both but only the one appears in nautilus. If I stop the torrent, remove it, then restart it does a check and appears to find the other file (the completed percentage increases) but there is no file in the designated folder. Does deluge save temporary data somewhere?
we dont support full allocation with fat32, that's why you're having problems. we support ntfs-3g, ext2/3/4, ufs, ufs2, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs. so, you can move it over to ntfs and use ntfs-3g(http://www.ntfs-3g.org/), or move it to ext3 and then install the windows driver for ext2 (which is compatible with ext3 http://www.fs-driver.org/)
ashdezign
New User
New User

Post by ashdezign »

I have the same problem. I am downloading to my internal hard drive (ext3) on ubuntu fiesty fawn.

I cannot select compact allocation. If I do it does not remember it
no matter what else I do or dont select. When I reopen preferences it always switches back to full allocation.

Despite being stuck on full allocation I get the same error message when trying to download only selected files. When I set the file priority it tells me it can only be done on Full Allocation (which I am on) and to disable compact allocation.

Please help!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

ashdezign wrote:I have the same problem. I am downloading to my internal hard drive (ext3) on ubuntu fiesty fawn.

no matter what else I do or dont select. When I reopen preferences it always switches back to full allocation.

Despite being stuck on full allocation I get the same error message when trying to download only selected files. When I set the file priority it tells me it can only be done on Full Allocation (which I am on) and to disable compact allocation.

Please help!
did you ever install via any other method instead of just using the deb package? you might be having conflicting install problems. i cant reproduce any of this. does it still not save preferences if you delete ~/.config/deluge/prefs.state? and someone has yet to respond to this "i think we're seeing a gtk bug: what if you change your pref, then click on another field, such as the max active torrents spinner, and then click ok. does that save?" cant really help if you dont answer everything we ask
ashdezign
New User
New User

Post by ashdezign »

Only made the one install
what if you change your pref, then click on another field, such as the max active torrents spinner, and then click ok. does that save?
No, as I said here:
no matter what else I do or dont selec
f you delete ~/.config/deluge/prefs.state
just tried that and it made no difference.

am going to remove deluge from the system and do a reinstall and see if that fixes it
ashdezign
New User
New User

Post by ashdezign »

reinstall made no difference