Unselecting files error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
abpend

Re: Unselecting files error

Post by abpend »

Same problem. ext3 on Ubuntu. I've only ever installed by deb, and only ever had "full allocation" selected, but it won't let me set per-file priorities, saying I need to enable full allocation.
praveenmarkandu

Post by praveenmarkandu »

try the SVN version. it works good
http://deluge-torrent.org/faq
overfloat

Post by overfloat »

same problem for me.... and deluge also doesnt do scheduling..... back to utorrent ..
zzzzzz i had high hopes for deluge.....
Talasonic
New User
New User

Post by Talasonic »

This is a slight bug in the release. When you choose the preferences option Full Allocation, it is supposed to set its internal settings full_storage to 1, and compact_storage to 0. Unfortunately, it leaves both as 1. You can fix this easily and permanently by editing prefs.state, in your ~/.config/deluge folder.

You should edit your your prefs.state so that in the compact_storage section, it has l00, and in the full_storage section, it has l01. You can see the corrected entries below. Once you save, and restart Deluge, any new torrents you add will be in full allocation mode, and will allow prioritizing, and you can specify not to download certain files.

sS'use_compact_storage'
p32
I00

sS'use_full_storage'
p34
I01
Talasonic
New User
New User

Post by Talasonic »

Well, at first it seemed to be working, but I'm pretty sure Deluge crashed on me, without telling me anything just now. When I restarted, it rechecked everything, and came up with 0% downloaded on the ones I started after the confuration change. I guess maybe it's better to get the SVN version.

The torrents that were started before I changed the configuration are still ok, I just deleted all the ones that I started after the config change. Now it seems to be working ok.