Seeders & Leechers stats

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gymka
New User
New User

Re: Seeders & Leechers stats

Postby gymka » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:00 pm

there is no such bug if:
v1.3.2; private trackers; DHT and peer exchange disabled; trackers have only one announce url;

but then i tried with tracker which has 2 announce url it even not showed seeders, leechers. it show "seeds: 0 peers: 0", personally i use only one tracker with more then one announce url, so i don't care about this bug:)

about patch remove:
i tried to compile without that patch, but could'nt launch compiled deluge:) i think deluge not likes that in my os(archlinux) python version is 3 and deluge uses python2, so then i overwrote

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/deluge
to use not

/usr/local/bin/python
(default python 3) but

/usr/local/bin/python2
(additional python2) it says "segmentation fault", if i try to launch it with python3 it complains that can't find libraries/packets which are really installed and reinstalled. so to me it's easier to install old version then compile by my own:)

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
OS or Distro: Ubuntu 16.04

Postby Cas » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Its python code so you don't need to compile anything, simply edit the file "deluge/core/torrent.py" (wherever archlinux installs it to) and revert those changes.

Deluge is not written for Python 3 so it will not work if Python3 is set as default python and just altering /usr/local/bin/deluge would not solve that.

gymka
New User
New User

Postby gymka » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Cas wrote:Its python code so you don't need to compile anything, simply edit the file "deluge/core/torrent.py" (wherever archlinux installs it to) and revert those changes.

Deluge is not written for Python 3 so it will not work if Python3 is set as default python and just altering /usr/local/bin/deluge would not solve that.

thanks for the tip, it helped.
in my pc python3.1 is installed as "python" and python2.7 installed as "python2" so changing line in /usr/local/bin/deluge helps:)

gymka
New User
New User

Postby gymka » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:03 am

i viewed torrent traffic:
1. linkomanija.net = deluge shows seeds and peers correct, just like on server
2. rutracker.org = deluge shows seeds and peers wrong and not updates those numbers. possible cause: this server does not send message:

Tm4E@U@1XP
0<_6   
IpHTTP/1.0 200 OK
d8:completei416e10:incompletei2e8:intervali2000e12:min intervali30e5:peers12:^gN:&@e
like linkomanija.net and others(which shows seeds correctly) are sending. as i understand deluge takes numbers from that message and shows/updates them.
3. torrent.lt = deluge never shows seeds, always only peers, but server shows and seeds. this tracker don't report seeders. eg.

Tm4E@3Y@1'XP
&"PoHTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ASCII
Content-Length: 34
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 04:58:07 GMT
X-Varnish: 999336882
Via: 1.1 varnish
Connection: close
d8:intervali14400e5:peers6:T7(de

so imho deluge developers should find another way how to calculate seeds and peers:)

meolite
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Debian

Postby meolite » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Seven years later, the problem still persists: Deluge does not show the full number of seeders and peers on rutracker.org's torrents, for instance, while uTorrent does. Can this be fixed?

Return to “Support”