Seeders & Leechers stats

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Lalt

Seeders & Leechers stats

Post by Lalt »

Deluge GUI shows seeder & leecher stats, the form like 5 (10). Im wondering, whats the number inside brackets? I think, it should be the amount of known seeders/leechers. But these stat doesnt update ever. (The first number is updated - its number of connected clients, I suppose.) Deluge shows the amount, which was when adding torrent. The update doesnt happen even if I reboot my comp.

I have wondered this since then I began to use Deluge. Now Im using 1.2.2 in Debian (testing branch). Trouble doenst depend on GUI (same numbers with console, GTK and webui). The version of python-libtorrent and libtorrent-rasterbar5 packages are 0.14.10-1.

For example, now Im downloading and showed seeder stats are 2 (1) and peers 2 (1) (tracker shows 2 seeders and 4 leechers in web-page). There was only one seeder when I connected. I dont see any sense of this history view.. :cry:
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Seeders & Leechers stats

Post by Cas »

I cannot repeat the problem you describe.

I am running 1.2.3 and my latest torrent downloading is Seeds 39(2759) Peers 11(757) and the figures are constantly changing. If you manually update tracker the totals also change.

I do not think you can expect the webpage to match client counters.
Lalt

Post by Lalt »

Cas wrote:I cannot repeat the problem you describe.
I didnt expect, its common trouble :-/
I am running 1.2.3 and my latest torrent downloading is Seeds 39(2759) Peers 11(757) and the figures are constantly changing. If you manually update tracker the totals also change.
Manual update update doesnt change totals. Tracker status says announce send and then announce Ok. Log events when updating manually:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 16:47:12 core:366 Forcing reannouncment to: ('hash1',)
[DEBUG   ] 16:47:12 alertmanager:115 tracker_announce_alert: name.of.torrent (http://private.tracker/announce) sending announce (none)
[DEBUG   ] 16:47:12 torrentmanager:859 on_alert_tracker_announce
[DEBUG   ] 16:47:12 alertmanager:115 tracker_reply_alert: name.of.torrent (http://private.tracker/announce) received peers: 21
[DEBUG   ] 16:47:12 torrentmanager:842 on_alert_tracker_reply: name.of.torrent (http://private.tracker/announce) received peers: 21
After updating Deluge shows 0 (1) seeders and 16 (1) peers. As I understand, Deluge got info of 21 clients and it connects 16 of them (no DHT etc allowed). I restarted deluged before update (when enabling logging). Then I removed torrent and added it again. After checking Deluge shows Seeders 0 (5) and Peers 14 (19).

There is some little compability problem with Deluge and tracker software. I tried to download torrent from another tracker and stats were updated fine. Its pretty bizarre, initial announce works fine but later announces doesnt update totals.
fukt

Post by fukt »

I have the same problem. Seeder and peer amount is only updated during download. The number of seeders/peers connected when the download is completed then sticks on the torrent until it's removed.

Right clicking a completed torrent and selecting Update Tracker does not update the seeders/peers count.

I've double checked using the same torrents and tracker with Vuze and it is updating those fields correctly (not exactly the same as the website reports but +/- a couple of seeders i.e. 21 vs 19 in Lalt's previous post).

Cas is connected to 39 seeders which indicates a torrent is currently downloading and this issue doesn't apply.

I tried Deluge 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 on Windows 7.
godlike
New User
New User

Post by godlike »

I also get this behaviour a lot. I can spot it easily since I have some torrents from private trackers I always keep seeding, and the seeder count never drops. Not only that but I also get ridiculous stats, like 7 seeds and 136 peers, and no upload ever occurs (something that, while possible, it is highly improbable). Updating tracker has no effect, though sometimes re-checking the torrent updates the stats (but just once).
frEEk

Post by frEEk »

This still happens as of 1.3.0 on Ubuntu. Cannot update the available seeder/peer numbers without re-adding the torrent. Pretty frustrating when I'm trying to see if I have anything that needs seeding (I can't just leave everything open for seeding as I don't have unlimited traffic).
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

This will be related to libtorrent so you need to make sure you have the latest version, currently 0.15.6 and also the latest version of Deluge is now 1.3.2.
fukt

Post by fukt »

I can confirm that this issue still exists in Deluge 1.3.2 with libtorrent 0.15.6.

The correct number of seeds and peers are updated when first adding a torrent but then never changes. When seeding it says I'm connected to something like 10 of 1 peers :?

If starting Deluge with a log window (deluged -d -L debug) I can see for example "received peers: 4" but the torrent is never updated in the Deluge client.
Any ideas?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Ok create a ticket then and I will look into it.
fukt

Post by fukt »

Thanks Cas. There's an old ticket which now is closed http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1338

Will you reopen it or would it be better to create a new?