Use compact allocation + download priority in 0.53?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
snap

Use compact allocation + download priority in 0.53?

Post by snap »

Hi,
I've been trying to use compact allocation and set individual download priority in v0.53 but it seems this is not yet supported, the reason i want to do this is i have a fat32 partition and deluge can't write to it if i don't use compact allocation and i don't want to download all the files in the torrent either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Use compact allocation + download priority in 0.53?

Post by markybob »

snap wrote:Hi,
I've been trying to use compact allocation and set individual download priority in v0.53 but it seems this is not yet supported, the reason i want to do this is i have a fat32 partition and deluge can't write to it if i don't use compact allocation and i don't want to download all the files in the torrent either.

Thanks!
sorry. it's a long story, but you have to use full allocation for download priority and that's not likely to change.
Hellcom
New User
New User

Post by Hellcom »

markybob wrote:

Thanks!
sorry. it's a long story, but you have to use full allocation for download priority and that's not likely to change.
Is it planned to be revised in a future version? I find, and I imagine for others, this is a pretty important feature. Not everyone wants to allocate 5 GB of space for a torrent that you only want a 5kb text file :P
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Hellcom wrote:
markybob wrote:

Thanks!
Is it planned to be revised in a future version? I find, and I imagine for others, this is a pretty important feature. Not everyone wants to allocate 5 GB of space for a torrent that you only want a 5kb text file :P
i agree that it stinks. we'll see what we can do.