[ No incoming connections ] message

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
vectorjohn

[ No incoming connections ] message

Post by vectorjohn »

First off, I love this client, it is my favorite. I ditched the bloated Azureus for this.

It has been working pretty well for me but something has been bothering me for a while. The NetworkHealth plugin that came with version 0.5.3 from the Ubuntu 7.04 repositories, puts a message in the status bar at the bottom that says [ No incoming connections ].

It seems to work, but I have NEVER seen this message change. I ran deluge from the command line to see the debug info, and it prints a dictionary that has the key that causes that message to come up. I forget the exact name, something like incoming_connections. It is 0 always.

I also tried making the NetworkHealth plugin print out that dictionary when I unload it, and then unload / reload it, and that key is always empty.

But since my downloads and uploads are going, I don't know why it says I have no incoming connections.

I would just like to make that error message go away and/or fix the NetworkHealth plugin if it is broken.

BTW, anyone else have this message? If not, what does it say instead?
msdav1

Re: [ No incoming connections ] message

Post by msdav1 »

You have a NAT issue I believe.

Click on the Preferences button, then the Network tab. Under TCP port it will probably say:

From 6881 To 6889

Check your router that those ports are forwarded to your IP address (probably under a 'Port Range Forwarding' option).

Note that a lot of ISP's have started blocking or rate limiting that port range as it's the standard for torrents - try changing this to 48xxx (or something else that is not reserved). The clients will negotiate on the ports used.

You should now see [Health: OK] at the bottom of the screen (like I do :mrgreen: ) and hopefully a better download rate!
vectorjohn

Re: [ No incoming connections ] message

Post by vectorjohn »

Well, you were right that I had the ports blocked. I don't know if it was my ISP also, but i noticed I had DMZ set, and it was another computer in my house. So I tried pointing that to me, and everything works.

What everyone fails to mention when explaining how to open ports, is that DMZ cannot be turned on because it overrides all your forwarded ports. So when I read that (somewhere), I turned off DMZ and everything is peachy.

Thanks