Pause stays paused... not queue?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jimbo2150
New User
New User

Pause stays paused... not queue?

Post by jimbo2150 »

I am using Ubuntu 0.5.2, I have this issue where I have 4 max active torrents. The torrents I had running initially all downloaded, the ones I added all started and 'Paused.' Shouldn't that be 'Queued'? After the first couple downloaded the rest stayed paused and would not resume downloading others. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I searched the forums and found nothing on it.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Pause stays paused... not queue?

Post by shirish »

jimbo2150 wrote:I am using Ubuntu 0.5.2, I have this issue where I have 4 max active torrents. The torrents I had running initially all downloaded, the ones I added all started and 'Paused.' Shouldn't that be 'Queued'? After the first couple downloaded the rest stayed paused and would not resume downloading others. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I searched the forums and found nothing on it.
jimbo you mean deluge 0.5.2 , perhaps you can try first the 0.5.3 RC1 builds from http://deluge-torrent.org/ . Also you haven't mentioned/given anything about which distribution are you using? You said Ubuntu but which Feisty Fawn 7.04 or upcoming Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 . Any further info., screenshots would be appreciated.
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
jimbo2150
New User
New User

Post by jimbo2150 »

shirish wrote:jimbo you mean deluge 0.5.2 , perhaps you can try first the 0.5.3 RC1 builds from http://deluge-torrent.org/ . Also you haven't mentioned/given anything about which distribution are you using? You said Ubuntu but which Feisty Fawn 7.04 or upcoming Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 . Any further info., screenshots would be appreciated.
Sorry, had to run at the time. I meant deluge 0.5.2 Ubuntu package (apt-get). I'm running latest Gutsy. I will try to compile 0.5.3 later today. I am not sure if screenshots would be of any use as it occurs over time. After the ones that were initially active finnished (100%) the following torrents all are 'paused' and do not automatically start when another finnishes. What I meant between 'paused' and 'queued' is more display-related. To me, 'paused' means that the user manually clicked paused. Eitherwise it should be 'queued' to start when others finnish.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

i think your issue has been done in svn 1096. Try any release >= 1096 http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/changeset/1096 and it should be fixed. Let us know if you are still having this issue. I am also on gutsy :)
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
bidossessi

Post by bidossessi »

experiencing the paused/queued issue as well.
i have a 4 active limit and all other torrents appear as paused, not queued
running the 0.5.3RC1 tarball on an opensuse 10.2
i would think that pressing the start button would switch the status on non-active torrents from queued to paused or vice-versa.

edit:* it happens if you change the limit settings AFTER having added your torrents. I can only find out the status when the torrent reaches the top 4 (in my case). even then, moving it down the queue "without pausing" switches the status text to "paused" not "queued". however, it does automatically resume if i move it up again. so no way to know if a torrent is queued (will download) or paused (will not).
OpenSuse 10.3 /kernel 2.6.22.13-default /AMD64/512Mib RAM/Nvidia FX5500/Deluge from OpenSuse RPM repository ( 2.5.8)
Ubuntu Gutsy /kernel 2.6.22.14-generic /P4/1Gib RAM/Nvidia FX5200/Deluge from Deluge web package ( 2.5.8 )
jimbo2150
New User
New User

Post by jimbo2150 »

So far so good, except for the install problem. Installing from source prevents "Deluge" from being in the Firefox Save dialog (it isn't auto-associated with .torrent files). Is there any way to build a deb to install. I know how to use checkinstall -D but it doesn't seem to work with python builds.

EDIT: They are still labeled as 'Paused' when supposed to be 'Queued', not sure if that is what is supposed to happen or not, but at least it seem to be automatically downloading the next files in the queue properly now.

EDIT AGAIN: NM. I got checkinstall to work! :)