Site-specific problem with connection to tracker

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
plisk

Re: Site-specific problem with connection to tracker

Post by plisk »

shirish wrote:
plisk wrote: Just tried bitnation in both deluge and ktorrent. In ktorrent it writes in tracker status that port 6884 is blocklisted and don't connect. In deluge it's just writes connecting and do nothing using the same port. And if you change port to same random one both clients start downloading. So it's just because of blacklisted default ports on some trackers. So all this i think will results in just more informative Tracker Status message in Torrent Info area at the bottom and maybe some tweaks to status message in the queue.
Plisk,
I never use the default ports, I have always used custom ports (port-forwarded my modem/router) in the higher ranges 30k + as that is a good bet. I had also chatted in the bitnation IRC (irc.bitnation.com) to know if they block some ports and apart from default ports which you have said about it shouldn't be happening. I see you closed down ticket 389 http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/389#comment:2 and would be happy to assist in testing any new revision you throw at us. Dunno if this can/will be done in 0.5.3 or once it is out of the door. Just let us know when you plan to play with it. Looking forward to testing & reporting the same on the forum. Cheers!
Hm, let's do this way - tell me your active port number and torrent from bitnation what you have issues with and i'll look at all this.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

plisk I have sent you the required info. (actually more than required info. ;) ) , check your inbox in the forum. but if something is missing, please lemme know. Cheers :)
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
plisk

Post by plisk »

shirish wrote:plisk I have sent you the required info. (actually more than required info. ;) ) , check your inbox in the forum. but if something is missing, please lemme know. Cheers :)
It's also because of settings of bitnation's tracker, it shows me another warning - "Sorry, 2 active torrents are enough! Read the FAQ!". So all in one - all this probably will be solved when we add status messages from the tracker what will be soon i hope.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

plisk wrote:
shirish wrote:plisk I have sent you the required info. (actually more than required info. ;) ) , check your inbox in the forum. but if something is missing, please lemme know. Cheers :)
It's also because of settings of bitnation's tracker, it shows me another warning - "Sorry, 2 active torrents are enough! Read the FAQ!". So all in one - all this probably will be solved when we add status messages from the tracker what will be soon i hope.
Thanx for the heads up :)

Edit :- Update: I just realized & this is a coincidence, that atleast in bitnation I only do 2 files at any point in time. The curious part is I have only 2 torrents of bitnation at any point in time. But good though, now with svn 1043 after compilation, I should be able to give some more info.

Update :- One confusion less, now one of the connecting shows that torrent is not registered anymore. Three cheers for plisk ;)
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

Some very very interesting developments & observations (using svn 1047) :-

You are right there are only 2 slots at bn. Had made loads of comments so bought few more slots. 10 points=10 comments=1 slot :)

Now with the additional info. in tracker alerts I get this info. :-

Code: Select all

Alert: Invalid port (HTTP code= 200, times in a row =3
The count goes on increasing with either manual force or the next announce interval. Just logging in doesn't solve the problem, it still gets stuck on connecting. One I lower my upload speed to 4 Kbps and then pause, then get proper tracker credentials (path, passkey) as well as tracker announce status as OK.

The interesting point is that this phenomenon is only seen with torrents which have no port written in their announce url meaning that its on port 80.

Cheers!

plisk

Post by plisk »

I'd like to test that torrent with such status message. Could you post a link to one ?
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

plisk wrote:I'd like to test that torrent with such status message. Could you post a link to one ?
All or any bitnation or imtorrents torrent. http://www.bitnation.com as well as http://www.imtorrents.com both are on port 80.

Atleast part of the issue seems to be ghost torrents that happen & it takes some time before the ghost torrent either gets flushed or one needs to pm the moderator of the same. (atleast on bn you have to pm the mods if you want them flushed instantaneously) .

Dunno if its the same issue which have been addressed in svn 1051 .

Added merging trackers of duplicate torrents
from changelog or this is entirely different.

Actually there is a bug that the status message I mentioned is with all torrents at the start of new session.

Alert: Invalid port (HTTP code= 200, times in a row =3
Now what i did/do was to take each individual torrent, pause it, update tracker or try to resume & then update tracker
one of the two usually works and i get the tracker status message as Announce OK after that and Tracker shows with
the announce url , path, port , passkey (the works) .

Triggering this phenomenon is very easy. have one/couple of bitnation and or imtorrents torrent (both use port 80),
let the blocklist importer do its job , then just after a minute, shut down & restart the torrent client you will find most
of the torrents having the above in the status message but with one huge huge difference.

All the others torrents will either be seeding/downloading doing whatever it needs to done, bitnation & imtorrents
would get stuck at the connecting stage itself unless one has more slots or till the torrents are flushed. This is
all from today's morning efforts, haven't tried yet with 1051, just updated to 1052 & making it, after installing it
will report if the issue is still remaining or has been dealt with.

Sorry for the long (and most probably confusing post) . If needed clarifications, please lemme know.

shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

Confirmed, this issue is still with 1051 . Posting a screenshot of the same as am attachment. Dunno if this is purely a tracker issue or a tracker/client issue.
Deluge.png
Deluge.png (149.6 KiB) Viewed 5509 times

Edit : Update : If one takes an interval/intermission of about 10-15 mins (no torrent client) & then starts the torrent client then no strange messages.