crash after around 5 minutes of running deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Polygon

crash after around 5 minutes of running deluge

Post by Polygon »

I open deluge, minimize it to tray, and then i just tried to open it again and it looked like it froze. I killed it, but ran it from console this time so i could get an error, and sure enough i got one:
mark@ubuntu:~$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
Starting new Deluge session...
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG value: 1
Applying preferences
Pickling state...
Scanning plugin dir /usr/share/deluge/plugins
Loading module NetworkHealth
Initialising plugin NetworkHealth
Loading module TorrentSearch
Initialising plugin TorrentSearch
Loading module HelloWorld
Initialising plugin HelloWorld
Loading module TorrentCreator
Initialising plugin TorrentCreator
Loading module ExamplePlugin
Initialising plugin ExamplePlugin
Loading module Scheduler
Initialising plugin Scheduler
Loading module NetworkGraph
Initialising plugin NetworkGraph
Loading module DesiredRatio
Initialising plugin DesiredRatio
Loading module BlocklistImport
Initialising plugin BlocklistImport
/usr/share/themes/Blubuntu/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:169: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
Applying preferences
Starting DHT...
Showing window
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0x08448a20 ***

gelassen

Deluge crashing...

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

After installation of 0.5.2 Version with the *.deb Package, Deluge seems to crash after an unidentified period of time.
I've started Deluge via Shell to log the following Error Message:
gelassen@cassioppeia:~$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
Starting new Deluge session...
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG value: 1
Applying preferences
Pickling state...
Scanning plugin dir /usr/share/deluge/plugins
Loading module HelloWorld
Initialising plugin HelloWorld
Loading module TorrentCreator
Initialising plugin TorrentCreator
Loading module NetworkGraph
Initialising plugin NetworkGraph
Loading module TorrentSearch
Initialising plugin TorrentSearch
Loading module NetworkHealth
Initialising plugin NetworkHealth
Loading module DesiredRatio
Initialising plugin DesiredRatio
Loading module BlocklistImport
Initialising plugin BlocklistImport
Loading module ExamplePlugin
Initialising plugin ExamplePlugin
Loading module Scheduler
Initialising plugin Scheduler
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 16x16/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

self.glade = gtk.glade.XML(common.get_glade_file("preferences_dialog.glade"), domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 22x22/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

self.glade = gtk.glade.XML(common.get_glade_file("preferences_dialog.glade"), domain='deluge')
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 24x24/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 32x32/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 48x48/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 64x64/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 72x72/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/dialogs.py:39: GtkWarning: Theme directory 96x96/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

Applying preferences
Starting DHT...
Showing window
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I'm using 7.04 Ubuntu with latest updates.

Thx for help!
Tares

Re: crash after around 5 minutes of running deluge

Post by Tares »

I did get that crash problem since 84x but I didn't have enough strength to traceback if from console.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

As you may noticed, we are talking about 2 different types of crashes:
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0x0844c008 ***
and
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0x08448a20 ***
And then there is my error message:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I'm sure we will sort this problem out quickly!
SatNav

Post by SatNav »

yep, same problem here I think. When deluge crashes randomly, I get "Bus Error (Core Dumped)", and when it crashes after attempting to quit I get the segfault one.

I've tried deleting the config folder contents, and recompiled from two different sources (0.5.2, and the RC) to no avail :(

At first I thought it was something to do with my RSS Plugin - but if other people are getting it then maybe not.

Mark
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

It's crashing very frequently, nearly every hour, hope there will be a fix soon, because the client is now pretty useless.
But even with this small issue, Deluge ist far the best client out there for linux, great work!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gelassen wrote:Hi,

It's crashing very frequently, nearly every hour, hope there will be a fix soon, because the client is now pretty useless.
But even with this small issue, Deluge ist far the best client out there for linux, great work!
does it happen when you remove the deb and instal via the tarball?
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Hi,

As SatNav mentioned, it's occuring even after a manual installation of Deluge 0.5.2.

But, when I removed a 19,7 GB Torrent, it had about 100 Files, where only selected 50 were downloaded, this "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"-Error seemingly disappeared. Deluge is now running constantly for 6 hours, so it has something to do with the selection of files.

In ver. 0.5.1, I also was downloading this .torrent, but realised that always wrong selected files were downloaded, therefore I waited for this release to start this .torrent again, unsuccessfully.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gelassen wrote:Hi,

As SatNav mentioned, it's occuring even after a manual installation of Deluge 0.5.2.

But, when I removed a 19,7 GB Torrent, it had about 100 Files, where only selected 50 were downloaded, this "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"-Error seemingly disappeared. Deluge is now running constantly for 6 hours, so it has something to do with the selection of files.

In ver. 0.5.1, I also was downloading this .torrent, but realised that always wrong selected files were downloaded, therefore I waited for this release to start this .torrent again, unsuccessfully.
can you check svn trunk to see if this is still causing problems? please remember to make clean if you've compiled before
gelassen

Post by gelassen »

Greetings,

I have to admit, that I recently changed from WinXP to Ubuntu Linux and my knowledge of Linux is not very advanced, so I don't know how to install from "svn trunk". I always wait for published .deb Files and then install Deluge.