1.1.3 available! Um, no it's not.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
aberadam
New User
New User

1.1.3 available! Um, no it's not.

Post by aberadam »

Or at least not as a package.

Been getting nagged to upgrade to 1.1.3 for a while. Deleted 1.1.2, went to the download page only to find it's now far more complicated and all the Ubuntu packages are still 1.1.2.
Toffer
New User
New User

Re: 1.1.3 available! Um, no it's not.

Post by Toffer »

It's available, but that doesn't mean your distro has it in its repositories yet. I think there has to be some testing for new versions of any application, before they can update their repositories. So, if you want the new in ubuntu, you'll have to install it by hand i guess, from the tarballs on the top of the downloadpage. :)
gyrfalcon
New User
New User

Post by gyrfalcon »

1.1.3 is not available off of http://www.deluge-torrent.org

Your download php link is severely busted :!:
kindofabuzz

Post by kindofabuzz »

sure it is, the source is there, and it points you to the PPA. Even though it's not added to the PPA yet though.
gyrfalcon
New User
New User

Post by gyrfalcon »

kindofabuzz wrote:sure it is, the source is there, and it points you to the PPA. Even though it's not added to the PPA yet though.

Sure, now it works after being busted most of the day... They should just use sourceforge as a host as they are fairly reliable.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gyrfalcon wrote:
kindofabuzz wrote:sure it is, the source is there, and it points you to the PPA. Even though it's not added to the PPA yet though.

Sure, now it works after being busted most of the day... They should just use sourceforge as a host as they are fairly reliable.
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 695#p76695
aberadam
New User
New User

Post by aberadam »

I'm as non-technical as it gets for a Linux user. I have no idea how to compile/build from source and no desire to learn. I think Deluge is great, better than Microtorrent even, one of the things I liked about it was it was easy to install. I clicked on the Ubuntu build and then on the yes to open with the package roller/file thing and it downloads itself goes into the menu. I delete it using add/remove. Easy.

Now this.

C'mon, back to the way it was! :)
aberadam
New User
New User

Post by aberadam »

Of course it would be better if Deluge was the default Ubuntu bittorrent client and updated from their repos.

Surely gotta happen soon, Transmission's crap compared to Deluge.
stewacide
New User
New User

Post by stewacide »

Add the PPA from the download link at the top. 1.1.3 is there now, and the upgrade was problem-free.
stub

Post by stub »

Thanks for the Ubuntu PPA btw. No more clicking around to upgrade - just turn off that dialog and let update manager worry about it :-)

https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ppa