Alternate destination directory name?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
procyon
New User
New User

Alternate destination directory name?

Post by procyon »

My apologies if this question is asked anywhere else, I looked at the FAQ and poked around to see if I could find my answer first, but I could not. I am a new Ubuntu user, having abandoned using Windows, where I used uTorrent with great frequency. I like Deluge, but one problem I'm having is with the download destination directory choice. Let's say I have a bunch of files in a directory called "~/roms", and a torrent that I would like to download is called "Roms Update 20090129." I want the torrent to start downloading directly to "~/roms" but after I select this directory, they start getting downloaded to "~/roms/Roms Update 20090129" and this is not what I want, since it won't check to see what files I already have. Is there anyway to stop Deluge from creating a folder with the torrent name, and instead dump the files straight into my destination directory? Or do I have to constantly rename my destination folder so that it matches the torrent name just to get the benefit of checking for existing files? Thanks for your help.
loki

Re: Alternate destination directory name?

Post by loki »

If a particular torrent comes with a folder instead of just files, you would have to rename the folder afterward to have it download all in the same directory.
procyon
New User
New User

Post by procyon »

I understand what you mean, and you're right, if subdirectories are included in the torrent, than by all means, I would expect that they are created. But in my particular situation, that is not the case. You see, what uTorrent would do (by comparison), is it would assume that you'd like the name of the torrent to be used when creating a directory, but you could essentially tell it not to by choosing a different directory. So if uTorrent was going to start downloading a torrent to, say, your desktop, it would come up with "Desktop/Big Long Torrent Name" as the default location, and if you clicked OK, that's where the files would go, but if I said no and clicked on "Desktop/shortname" instead, then all the files in the torrent would get downloaded into "Desktop/shortname" and not "Desktop/shortname/Big Long Torrent Name" which is what Deluge is doing basically. If it's not a current feature in Deluge, I would certainly like to request that. Thanks.
procyon
New User
New User

Post by procyon »

Out of curiosity, if this is not available in Deluge, does anyone know of an alternative torrent client for Ubuntu that DOES allow you to force the download folder location as uTorrent does? Thanks.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Deluge can do this, except only after you've added the torrent; under files click on the folder name to rename it. if you don't wish to have the files in a folder rename the folder to "/". It would be nice though if you could rename the files/folders in the add dialog (similar to utorrent).
aqtrans

Post by aqtrans »

Just to let you know, this DOES NOT save between sessions. I've changed 5 filenames, and on restarting Deluge the files revert to their original name and start re-downloading.
mrwizzard82

Post by mrwizzard82 »

The renaming of destination directory only partially works for me. I have a torrent that have a main directory with 10 sub directories and some subdirectories in those too, I rename the main directory and the 10 sub directories in the 'add torrent window' in deluge, choose to add the torrent into deluge in paused state (I want to do a force-recheck on the files so that I can seed the files). When I open the folder where I have my files I see that the original folder name that I had told deluge not to use has been created, along with its original subdirectories. If I check under files in Deluge I see that some of the files are under the name of the folder structure I created and a second folder structure have been added whit the original names used and some of the files have ended up in that folder structure. I cant rename the second set of folders that deluge created for me. deluge just ignores my attempts at renaming them.
I have re-downloaded the .torrent-file several times, but always with the same result when I rename the folders to match my own folder structure.
The torrent contains about 350 files spread among the subdirectories in the main folder.
I use deluge 1.2.0-rc4, with libtorrent 0.14.6.0
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

procyon wrote:Out of curiosity, if this is not available in Deluge, does anyone know of an alternative torrent client for Ubuntu that DOES allow you to force the download folder location as uTorrent does? Thanks.
All versions of Vuze/Azureus permit the download of material irrespective of file names, folder names, locations, etc.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I'm using 1.2.0rc4 and it has the Label plugin that allows you to add a label to a download and the properties for that label can move your completed download to a predefined directory.