Stuck "checking", like everyone else

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
BurnChao
New User
New User

Stuck "checking", like everyone else

Post by BurnChao »

I have a torrents stuck checking. Using Intrepid, Deluge1.1.1.

Every time I shutdown deluge, the torrents that were active become stuck upon restarting deluge. Then the next in the queue start, and when I shut down, those become stuck.

Has anyone ever fixed this, or at least got their torrents to finish checking? I see that it's a common problem, but I have found a thread with a confirmed solution.
aoeu
New User
New User

Re: Stuck "checking", like everyone else

Post by aoeu »

The checksumming section of Deluge definitely needs a revamp.
Last time I checked, when the effective user has no access to the file Deluge is trying to check, it just stays at 0% without any informational message. I assume ditto for all other problems.
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

This is already in queue to be fix with version 1.1.2
k3rnelmust4rd
New User
New User

Post by k3rnelmust4rd »

Well, I'm on gentoo, was using 1.1.1. I just downgraded to 1.0.7-r1 and it fixed ALL the problems I was having with torrents getting stuck checking. I might advise this, at least until 1.1.2 is out, which I'm honestly not sure when it will be. There's no cool AJAX webinterface on this version, but hopefully 1.1.2 will be out soon with BOTH things working! :)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

k3rnelmust4rd wrote:Well, I'm on gentoo, was using 1.1.1. I just downgraded to 1.0.7-r1 and it fixed ALL the problems I was having with torrents getting stuck checking. I might advise this, at least until 1.1.2 is out, which I'm honestly not sure when it will be. There's no cool AJAX webinterface on this version, but hopefully 1.1.2 will be out soon with BOTH things working! :)
1.1.2 will be out later today
BurnChao
New User
New User

Post by BurnChao »

That's good news. I can't find any info on when 1.1.2 is supposed to come out. Maybe I'll try 1.0.7. Thanks for the info!
umarzuki

Post by umarzuki »

1.1.2 stop neverending checking on 6 of torrents but not the other 2.
Solutions:
  1. Pause torrent
  2. Set Automanage = Off
  3. Resume/Force Re-check
mat000

Post by mat000 »

hi!

using ubuntu 8.10, deluge 1.1.2. deluge still gets stuck after checking first two torrents. all others stay at 0% and status checking...
forcing recheck doesnt work, removing and then adding the torrent doesnt work.

however, if i remove all torrents that cannot be checked and then add them again one by one, things go ok. it is one slow work around.
but still i dont understand why torrents must be checked every time upon startup, eventough they are completed...

hoping for a nice solution ;)
FxF

Post by FxF »

Is there any resolution (or even a work-around) for this yet? It isn't realistic for me to delete 100+ 'checking' torrents and then reopen them, especially since I have no assurance that the torrents won't revert back to the 'checking' state.

I'm running the latest version, 1.1.9 on Ubuntu (Intrepid).

I noticed this has been going on for at least nine months, with no resolution or work-around:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/686
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/639

I wanted to add my comment to the tickets, but wasn't able to figure out how to do so... :(
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

FxF wrote:Is there any resolution (or even a work-around) for this yet? It isn't realistic for me to delete 100+ 'checking' torrents and then reopen them, especially since I have no assurance that the torrents won't revert back to the 'checking' state.

I'm running the latest version, 1.1.9 on Ubuntu (Intrepid).

I noticed this has been going on for at least nine months, with no resolution or work-around:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/686
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/639

I wanted to add my comment to the tickets, but wasn't able to figure out how to do so... :(
Install the latest version of libtorrent, 0.14.5.