Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
crackez
New User
New User

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Post by crackez »

I''ve found a work-around to "solve" the ...re-checking of each torrent from a Rutime Library Error, open task manager go to processes and close deluge

DO NOT CLICK "OK" on the message as this will close also deluge but when open deluge it will check every torrent to see if the "data" are there.

P.S. Hope that it helps a bit :)

Also to minimize these errors, try not to use lots of torrents with deluge, it isn't much stable for multiple torrents(keep less than 4) and don't play with the settings all the time as this sometime gives you the errors
Elahrairah

Post by Elahrairah »

Unfortunately i cannot use Deluge now as this 'Visual C++ Runtime Library Error' is appearing all the time and i'm having to shut down and restart the client, everytime i restart it does it again and sometimes varies in time before it gives the same errors.. I've had this with several client versions now and until this is fixed, i'll have to find another client to use, utorrent i guess although there encryption doesnt work as well for me personally with my ISP throttling traffic..

Let me know when the problem has been fixed..

Regards
Elahrairah
reyesku
New User
New User

Post by reyesku »

yes, im also had same problems...im already install and uninstall and keep reinstall deluge v0.5.8.3 and deluge v0.5.8.4.. i try both and in the end the same error occur..my tension and anger became more when i leave my pc and went outside with my friends..
as examples, i leave my pc for downloading and uploading, while its working, i got invitation to my friend's wedding...so i need to go there..but when i came back to my house, the deluge got same error and when i on it back...actually its just start download for 1% !!!!!!!!!!!!
i already hope that it will end of downloading or maybe got half part finish, but seem like its will crash and error not know when is it..maybe after 10min online, maybe also 1hour or maybe 2-3 hour and so on...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

reyesku wrote:yes, im also had same problems...im already install and uninstall and keep reinstall deluge v0.5.8.3 and deluge v0.5.8.4.. i try both and in the end the same error occur..my tension and anger became more when i leave my pc and went outside with my friends..
as examples, i leave my pc for downloading and uploading, while its working, i got invitation to my friend's wedding...so i need to go there..but when i came back to my house, the deluge got same error and when i on it back...actually its just start download for 1% !!!!!!!!!!!!
i already hope that it will end of downloading or maybe got half part finish, but seem like its will crash and error not know when is it..maybe after 10min online, maybe also 1hour or maybe 2-3 hour and so on...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
normally deluge continues to download until you click "ok", which means that if you've left your pc and the message pops up, it'll continue to download until you come back and hit "ok". Try forcing a recheck, you might find that the torrent has downloaded more than it says...
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

Umm. Is there any solution to solve my problem?

Before I reinstalled the Deluge. I was having the Visual C++ Runtime Error then I uninstall the 0.5.8.3 and deleted all the deluge folders in Program Files and the Document & settings/<user>/ inside the folder theres a deluge folder there. After that I use registry fix and scan my computer and fix all the registry. Then after that, I restarted the computer and reinstall 0.5.8.4. After I click the deluge, the same error opened and the deluge program doesn't run and show me the C++ Runtime error.

I would really hope for the solution for my problem here.
Really much appreciated.
win44
New User
New User

Post by win44 »

Oh, i see you havent made the fix yet.

oh well, i got this error long ago, and soon found a way around it.

this is what i do: after downloading the torrent, i clear the tracker list.
so theres no trackers, and i disable DHT, disable all network extras exept for peer exchange.

i kind of figured that it had something to do with the trackers updating every now and then.
so now that theres no trackers, and not DHT or other nonesense, my torrents are working normally.

slow speeds u say? not really. better than what u-torrent gives me,
and better than the C++ error popping up and stopping all my torrents when i sleep.
fud90
New User
New User

Post by fud90 »

already try solve the problem using win44 way but still have the runtime error. :cry: :cry: :cry:
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

Anyone have a solution for it?
paprika
New User
New User

Post by paprika »

im tired of this error, every time i have this error, the program shuts down, then i run again and it starts to checking and after 30mins aproxxx, error again and all the % checked will turn to 0%, damn im so tired that i will change to azureus till a new release appear because im so sad and tired of this error, than i almost broke my desktop grrrrrrr
paprika
New User
New User

Post by paprika »

hey, i have a questiom, i have microsoft visual c++ nstalled on my computer but i dont use it, better i dont know whats the propose of this program and what it do...

But if i unninstal that crap, i wont have any more error in deluge from visual studios right??

Or am i worng?? Image