multi-tracker torrent problem

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dDaYb
New User
New User

multi-tracker torrent problem

Post by dDaYb »

Hi
I'm seeding one torrent on 5 torrents. I add tracker-announcements to tracker-list, but info that i'm seeding is sent only to the first one. Why?
Also it will be great, if deluge is capable to find out that new-added torrent is already in list and what all is needed is to add another announcement-url to the list. It is working great in utorrent.
Thank you
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: multi-tracker torrent problem

Post by andar »

dDaYb wrote:Hi
I'm seeding one torrent on 5 torrents. I add tracker-announcements to tracker-list, but info that i'm seeding is sent only to the first one. Why?
Also it will be great, if deluge is capable to find out that new-added torrent is already in list and what all is needed is to add another announcement-url to the list. It is working great in utorrent.
Thank you
Deluge only announces to one tracker at a time. It will only announce to another tracker if the first one does not respond or responds with an error.
dDaYb
New User
New User

Post by dDaYb »

Are you going to change this behavior in future? Or you think this is the best way it should be?
noian

Post by noian »

It is what BT clients are supposed to do as far as I remember from a earlier thread, they aren't supposed to connect to all trackers at once. (italicized because there are clients that ignore the standard)
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

[quote="dDaYb"]Are you going to change this behavior in future? Or you think this is the best way it should be?[/quote

The author of libtorrent is working on changing this behaviour to be similar to uTorrent. Once the next version of libtorrent becomes more stable we will start to migrate to it.
dDaYb
New User
New User

Post by dDaYb »

Thank you for your answer,
btw is it planned to add function of moving part of the content being downloaded to another location or moving all to another folder (sometimes one content is seeded on different trackers with different torrens which have different folder names)
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

dDaYb wrote:Thank you for your answer,
btw is it planned to add function of moving part of the content being downloaded to another location or moving all to another folder (sometimes one content is seeded on different trackers with different torrens which have different folder names)
You can already move the storage location of a torrent and also rename the files and folders within a torrent.
dDaYb
New User
New User

Post by dDaYb »

to be more specific:
i have torrent file that has info about files like

/dir1
/dir1/subdir1
/dir1/subdir2
/dir1/sudbir2/files
etc

i want to have not dir1, but
/mydirname
/mydirname/subdir1
/mydirname/subdir2
/mydirname/subdir2/files

what we can do now in deluge is to change the location of dir1
or more specific i have
/mydirname/dir1
/mydirname/dir1/subdir1
and etc

am i wrong?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

dDaYb wrote:to be more specific:
i have torrent file that has info about files like

/dir1
/dir1/subdir1
/dir1/subdir2
/dir1/sudbir2/files
etc

i want to have not dir1, but
/mydirname
/mydirname/subdir1
/mydirname/subdir2
/mydirname/subdir2/files

what we can do now in deluge is to change the location of dir1
or more specific i have
/mydirname/dir1
/mydirname/dir1/subdir1
and etc

am i wrong?
Just rename dir1 to /
runeks

Post by runeks »

andar wrote:
dDaYb wrote:Are you going to change this behavior in future? Or you think this is the best way it should be?
The author of libtorrent is working on changing this behaviour to be similar to uTorrent. Once the next version of libtorrent becomes more stable we will start to migrate to it.
I'm very glad to hear this. I really liked Deluge when I used it, but I found that uTorrent was faster when using public torrents which had multiple trackers so I've been using that instead. But I would definitely switch over to Deluge again when this feature is added. I don't think uTorrent via WINE can compete with an open source native Linux application :).

Is it possible to get a notification when this migration to the newer version of libtorrent happens, perhaps with a post in this thread? Or can you point to somewhere where it will be announced when it happens?

Kind regards,

Rune Svendsen