problem with finishing downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Tares

problem with finishing downloads

Post by Tares »

hello,

I've noticed recently that there is a problem with finishing torrents. When download is nearing to finish, "downloaded" bar is going nuts, it jumps forward and backward, for example like from 99,70% to 98,90%. I've noticed that on svn 784, updated to 800 ( RC is 800 right ? ;-) ) and the problem remained.

Here's screenshot :

You'll notice on the left bottom corner that file I was downloading had 8MB, but it continued to DL and didn't stopped so I had to stop it myself. When I done that the number in () was like 60MB and 99,85% on the status bar.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
Tares

Re: problem with finishing downloads

Post by Tares »

Sad I didn't get any reply, but at least someone looked into it, cause the problem seems to be fixed on svn 814 ;-)
Polygon

Post by Polygon »

that sounds like a seeder or something was either sending you bad data, so you kept recieving the pieces but since they failed the hash check, they were being discarded and downloaded again... rinse and repeat

ive also heard that sometimes your router can mangle the packets so they are corrupted by the time it gets to your computer.....

but since its fixed for you now, its all good :D
Tares

Post by Tares »

Polygon wrote:that sounds like a seeder or something was either sending you bad data, so you kept recieving the pieces but since they failed the hash check, they were being discarded and downloaded again... rinse and repeat

ive also heard that sometimes your router can mangle the packets so they are corrupted by the time it gets to your computer.....

but since its fixed for you now, its all good :D
Not really, cause I did get that problem with all torrents, and I on 100% it wasn't router problem, cause it never happened ealier, on few different clients. It had to be something in the code ;-)
Gilgamesh
New User
New User

Post by Gilgamesh »

Yea mine is simaler iv had deluge restart my download at 40 percent even though i saw it get to like 42% then ill close it or restart then when i open it back up it will come back to 40%
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Tares wrote:Not really, cause I did get that problem with all torrents, and I on 100% it wasn't router problem, cause it never happened ealier, on few different clients. It had to be something in the code ;-)
i'm betting you just didnt do `make clean` after a svn up, before compiling you must clean or else you'll get all sorts of wacky problems like this
Tares

Post by Tares »

markybob wrote:
Tares wrote:Not really, cause I did get that problem with all torrents, and I on 100% it wasn't router problem, cause it never happened ealier, on few different clients. It had to be something in the code ;-)
i'm betting you just didnt do `make clean` after a svn up, before compiling you must clean or else you'll get all sorts of wacky problems like this
So deleting /deluge/ and getting it brand new from svn isn't the same ?

EDIT :

The make clean is made by python setup.py clean ?

EDIT 2 :

I've deleted everything that had deluge in its name from my pc, downloaded 826 svn, compiled and again problem exists... it's starting to annoy me, cause with larger files it not a big problem, but with smaller (~10MB) it downloads them over 6/7 times (~60/70MB) o_O
Tares

Post by Tares »

sorry for new post, but if I would edit last one again, no1 would read that.

I've installed 0.5.2 from deb yesterday, cleaning my box before doing that.... and still the problem remains, its so friggin' annoying that I've started to use rtorrent for small files :/
pompom246

Post by pompom246 »

I've been having the same problem. I'm brand new to gnu/linux, but have been using bittorrent for a while and have never seen something like this on utorrent or azereus so I don't think its my router. So far I've only been able to complete one download while the others have all hit setback after setback where it seems negative progress is being made. Just now my % on a one file went from 44.96 to 44.89 to 44.91. I guess it could be a bad seeder, but that seems like an awful lot of of failed checksums considering its doing this on a number of files. I installed off the 0.5.2-1 from get-deb.net.