Sorting question

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gth
New User
New User

Sorting question

Post by gth »

I'm interested in sorting entries according to either a Label of my own making, or at least have Progress column recognise Paused vs. Seeding as different (sorting by Progress only seems to use the numeric portion of the column's value; see attached screenshot). Since I'm using Synology, I'm not sure if I'm using the same WebUI as listed in the Plugin tab in preferences (it won't let me select the WebUI plugin, so maybe it's irrelevant for my environment?).

I wouldn't mind if it's just a theme setting somewhere that I need to modify myself - just need to know where to look.

I also tried using the bundled Label plugin, which is good and lets me apply various labels but sorting options are greyed out for the new column. I haven't managed to get LabelPlus installed, but maybe that's a solution.

Deluge 2.1.1
- Client: 2.1.1
- Server: 2.1.1
libtorrent: 2.0.8.0
Chrome
Attachments
progress_screenshot.png
progress_screenshot.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
ambipro

Re: Sorting question

Post by ambipro »

I haven't exactly tested this or anything, but my recollection and your screenshot of the behavior leads me to believe that sorting by "Progress" merely sorts by percentage completed. It probably uses the completion value (a numerical percentage) in this case and sorts the torrents accordingly. State of the torrent probably isn't even considered in it's logic. I may be wrong, though...
gth
New User
New User

Re: Sorting question

Post by gth »

ambipro wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:53 am...sorting by "Progress" merely sorts by percentage completed.... State of the torrent probably isn't even considered...
That's what I was seeing with Progress, but I didn't want to say so - being so new I wasn't even sure what interface to refer to. If State was a separate column I wouldn't mind a multi-column sort, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere else, hence why I figured I'll just use a Label approach and manage it myself rather than annoy anyone else.

I might have another go at LabelPlus, on the off chance it has sorting support.

PS: I'm definitely a fan of Deluge though - installed easily and runs great, so no complaints here!